Page 34 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries Thread :ilt:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diaby out of the last two games with another injury. Whole list here:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/engli...by_injury.html

Really very unfortunate. Let's hope Wilshere isn't in for something similar.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really should stop playing him, let him be fit to play just in training - competitive matches are clearly doing him no good at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diaby looked to have pulled his hamstring at the end of the game.

It's a shame because I think he would've started the next one if he came through ok. Desperately need some new faces in midfield at the moment with only Rosicky playing well. I would go with Coquelin, Song, Rosicky for the final 2 but the former hasn't played a game for 4 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diaby's ankle is destroyed. I can't see him ever being 100% again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's harsh but I think we should sell him in the summer. It's not his fault these recurring injuries, but we can't keep him on when it's unlikely he's ever going to put together a string of games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Diaby's ankle is destroyed. I can't see him ever being 100% again.
    The annoying thing was that the Dan Smith challenge was every bit as bad (if not worse) than the shawcross and Taylor ones but didn't receive as much attention.

As far as I'm concerned, we've lost 2 excellent players (Ramsey and Eduardo both look a touch slower to turn which makes all the difference) and while Diaby had no brain we'll never know if te obvious technical talent would've pulled him through. His touch yesterday to control the ball flying over his head was exquisite - nobody else in our team can do that.

Argh, sick of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    The annoying thing was that the Dan Smith challenge was every bit as bad (if not worse) than the shawcross and Taylor ones but didn't receive as much attention.

As far as I'm concerned, we've lost 2 excellent players (Ramsey and Eduardo both look a touch slower to turn which makes all the difference) and while Diaby had no brain we'll never know if te obvious technical talent would've pulled him through. His touch yesterday to control the ball flying over his head was exquisite - nobody else in our team can do that.

Argh, sick of it.
    Yes, Diaby was an exciting talent, but we, and possibly no one, will ever see a benefit of it.

It's a shame, but he'll retire having had no career to speak of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I know it's harsh but I think we should sell him in the summer. It's not his fault these recurring injuries, but we can't keep him on when it's unlikely he's ever going to put together a string of games.

This has to be your most optimist post on GW ever and its decent too and its not harsh bu true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    We're in a corner. I couldn't see many teams willing to take him on. It's a very unfortunate situation - everything suggests he's doing whatever there could be to regain fitness e.g. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle853960.html. The best we can hope for is for him to have complete pre-season (I'm sure Blanc isn't mental enough to call him for the Euros) and take things very slowly until August. The only thing that'd give anyone a shred of optimism would be the season he had a couple of years ago, which was forty games. But the odds don't look favourable. Very important issue given the extended absence and continued doubts over Wilshere and Frimpong. Hope to god we don't have Denilson in the team in August.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diaby's the only big, powerful (well, sometimes) athlete-ball player we have as well. Song is too slow. Coquelin is too small and is more a technical player. And Frimpong is likely shit if we look beyond his Englishness. Rosicky or Oxo in the centre are probably the best options we have to add some power in the middle in highly-charged games. It's probably why M'Vila is under consideration. All Barclays Premier League teams need some Beast Mode options in the middle. We had Vieira, Citeh have Yaya, Chelsea have Ramires, Essien and Drogba when he loses some more pace to fulfil the athlete-ball quota.

We've seen Diaby give some incredible performances (sadly his best have probably come in devastating losses against Chelsea and Liverpool) over the years and though his brain might not always function, he has (or had ) the ability to be a unique and valuable asset.

In summary, we're cursed.

And scum like Dan Smith, Shawcross, Pulis and every other vile sub-human troll who condones their actions through continued non-action needs to be wiped off the Earth.
    Last edited by Master Splinter; 29-04-2012 at 03:02 PM.