User Tag List

Page 353 of 956 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403453853 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 9555

Thread: Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    What if Morroco doesnt qualify? If not Chakma, we always have Vela to be chipping in goals for fun!
    Mexican feather weight or russian fat fuck.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boateng to Bayern confirmed.

Corinthians deny the 40M Tevez bid.

Given has gone to Aston Villa.

Spurs have signed the 'next Didier Drogba'.

Mata sounds like he'd be willing to move if a decent offer came in..

Valencia star and reported Arsenal target juan Mata has been talking to Lasprovincias about the speculation surrounding his future:
    “It is true that teams have been linked with me but this is a good sign that I am playing well. Despite all the rumours, I have to stay calm and step away from all the speculation. I am well aware of the rumours but this is not the first summer I have had to deal with this so they do not worry me. My aim now is to make sure I am ready for the start of the new season and keep improving as a player. I want to win more trophies.”
    http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a thought, this Campbell deal smacks of not getting our top target but getting in an alternative (looks good anyway, not moaning...too much) to fill the role we needed filled, the only question is, why didn't we get the guy we wanted? I reckon it was Benzema we were after, or a striker of similar standing, and we wanted to spend the Cesc money on him as we thought Barca would cough up, now that Cesc might not be leaving we've got this kid instead. Good as Cesc is (and he is) I feel kinda disappointed we're not going to get in that top guy. Then again, if Cesc stays, we might let Nasri leave and if that gives us 20m we might see that go on a decent player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vela View Post
    I had a thought, this Campbell deal smacks of not getting our top target but getting in an alternative (looks good anyway, not moaning...too much) to fill the role we needed filled, the only question is, why didn't we get the guy we wanted? I reckon it was Benzema we were after, or a striker of similar standing, and we wanted to spend the Cesc money on him as we thought Barca would cough up, now that Cesc might not be leaving we've got this kid instead. Good as Cesc is (and he is) I feel kinda disappointed we're not going to get in that top guy. Then again, if Cesc stays, we might let Nasri leave and if that gives us 20m we might see that go on a decent player.
    We were never going to get that top guy even if we sold Cesc or/and Nasri.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon we would, I know thinking that our management and board are actually doing things for the best is a niche opinion nowadays but we ain't pissing around now, we'd need to bring someone else in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No serious links with a new defender or anything else?? At all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon we would, I know thinking that our management and board are actually doing things for the best is a niche opinion nowadays but we ain't pissing around now, we'd need to bring someone else in.
    We just sold Clichy and we're happy to let Gibbs step into his shoes. We have a history of doing this and when Nasri and Cesc sat out a number of games towards the end of last season, Wenger was experimenting with Ramsey and Wilshere in the middle. You can't vouch for these guys. Gazidis and Wenger said we'd have an active summer and mislead the fans in a big way. Now they're saying we're unlikely to sign anymore players.

Even if they fully intended to sign a big player, I don't think either of them can pull it off because they hold no weight when it comes to negotiations. Look how long it has taken us to sign Gervinho. Forget about us sitting at the table with a top to thrash out a deal. They wouldn't tolerate us. Our low bids wouldn't even make it off the fax machine tray!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manchester City have edged ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea in the race to sign £18m-rated striker Romelu Lukaku from Anderlecht.Full story: MetroChelsea are hoping to trump interest from Juventus and Arsenal and lure £12m-rated Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Arturo Vidal to Stamford Bridge.Full story: Daily Mirror
    Oh well, the Lukaku story was nice while it lasted.I notice how both rumours above are about how we are being left behind by other clubs in going after our targets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think we should get be getting our hopes up over any "big" signing, deep down we know it's not going to happen. I expect maybe a defender to come in but otherwise it's as you were.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait a second. We go after a quality striker like Benzema who we don't get so as an alternative we go to the bargain basement and get a pub teamer who'll be lucky to see a minute of action next season?Surely there's a better alternative?