0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    So you'd rather have a billionaire owner in Stan who knows nothing about football and isn't injecting any of his own cash into the club? Or fatty who pays for a box at the club and is a fan who'd put his own money into the club?

Usmanov is without doubt a shady character but do you think Stan got that rich from playing by the rules? Nah.
    Fans running clubs hmm, Blades being the model of balanced books until a fan took over, that not going so good...
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/ma...8/st170588.htm
    Arsenal FC Deny Arsenal Times Claim Wenger and Board Divided

All Good Pals By Eduardo & Boris Mellor
    August 22 2011
    It’s not often that Arsenal bother to reply immediately to fans football concerns, indeed several sent in a copy of the article to Gazides that warranted the reply below and have been told they will get an answer in 14 days. Perhaps the fact that over 100,000 fans have read the article, and that numerous blogs have also covered the issue inspired the rapid reply. Hundreds of fans have also called on the board to resign.
    You can read the original article here

A copy of the E Mail which was sent today to Arsenal Times, from Arsenal Senior Media Officer Katie Baldwin appears below with Eduardo’s reply.

Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 6:39 PM

To: arsenaltimes@blueyonder.co.uk

Subject: http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/ma...ads-exclusive-

Hi Eduardo,

Having read your piece today we feel it’s appropriate to get in touch to say it’s entirely factually incorrect.

A number of other sites have picked it up and are reporting various elements, and they have also been informed that it’s with no substance.

By all means do call us in the office if ever you want to sound something out before running it, we appreciate you’ve possibly had a steer from someone that has a contact here at the Club – ultimately we all want supporters to be able to read factual pieces so hope it helps you too.

All the best,

Katie

Senior Media Officer

Arsenal Football Club

Highbury House | 75 Drayton Park | London | N5 1BU

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7704 4014

Fax: +44 (0) 20 7704 4011

Web: www.Arsenal.com

I will let Arsenal Times readers decide for themselves who to believe. I trust the information I received it came from someone close to Arsenal FC, and whoms information in the past has always proved accurate, so I see no reason not to believe it this time. I hope you all understand that I will not reveal the source, and frankly I see no reason why I should.

You may wish to take Kate up on her offer and ask her to explain what is exactly happening at the club. Perhaps she would like to give us a steer on the strange saga of Nasri’s transfer, the poor price achieved for Fabregas, and the failure to strengthen the squad in good time

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did you expect...?
    Formerly rockyrocky... the other one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like when they denied the Fabregas interview with Don Balon earlier this summer, which turned out to be true.

Jesus, our PR is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter YankeeGunner
    Let me see if I understand: you can write all the articles in the world trashing the manager. Please refrain from making the board look bad
    Innit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's confirmed true then from the most reliable source, the horse itself. And I'm not joking. When a virtual secret society goes public in record time it's running full damage control. So wages is the big problem, which explains the kids, the lack of experience, the players wanting out, the stop-gap measures that simply haven't worked.

By all means do call us in the office if ever you want to sound something out before running it, we appreciate you’ve possibly had a steer from someone that has a contact here at the Club...
    Pravda.

...ultimately we all want supporters to be able to read factual pieces so hope it helps you too.
    When was this new policy started? And when will the first piece of factual information be coming out?

Frankly the lot of them need to fuck off out of the club. They've all made their money, a shed load and at the expense of the team. How much more do the greedy bastards want or need?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Err, we actually have a press office?

They're nervous because this has all the makings of an Usmanov coup. I'm certain the fat Russian will come into the open if we lose at Udinese and United. He'll be waving promises of a massive transfer kitty and trying to tip fans over into open revolt. Worst thing is, it may well work - but it sure won't be in the best interests of the club.

NQ - I agree with you that I'm not sure Kroenke's intentions are whiter than white. But out of interest what money has he actually made out of the club so far? I may be missing something but he doesn't take a dividend, does he - something Usmanov has moaned about. What cash has he actually extracted out of the club so far?

I think the worst you can say is that he's trying to pay off debt as quickly as possible. Is that necessarily a bad thing? It may be, if his intentions are purely to wipe out the debt, inflate value of the club and flog it. But if he and the board does pack their bags now, who do you think will replace them? And what will their intentions be...?

Dangerous times - need to be careful what you wish for, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be, if his intentions are purely to wipe out the debt, inflate value of the club and flog it.
    That's exactly what I think he's doing. I believe he's identified an undervalued asset that already has an in-built demand in terms of a future sell off. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Usmanov ends up being the buyer, with Stan having cleared out debts, run the club down as far as he dares whilst still keeping it in the top flight (Wenger ideal for this). One of the best stadiums in world, a loyal fan base to pack it, situated in the heart of London, a strong pedigree, under-exploited commercial activities, assets on the pitch that are already being sold off with the potential of more to come - Fabregas, Nasri, RvP, Wilshere, Walcott and a couple more kids brought in this year with the potential to move on for big money. Arsenal has the potential to be the new Man City only bigger, better and with a genuine world brand attached. And all in time for a push into a European super league.

Yes, I'm making this shit up off the top of my head but if I was a greedy bastard who lived and breathed money I'm thinking, what would I do? If it was all just about the money, which I'm pretty damn sure it is with these guys.
    Für eure Sicherheit