User Tag List

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Not all of us stupid or willing accept whatever is served up.
    Speak for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an insult to the fans. Not all of us stupid or willing accept whatever is served up. You're comparing us to tramps? So we should like it or lump it? No thanks.
    The fans are a big part of what has happened at this club. That day when the majority sang for Wenger when a minority finally tried to stand up - that should be etched on every gooner's brain. That's when the divide turned into a gulf. There are no innocent parties at this clusterfuck.

We know we aren't hiring Allardyce or anyone from that bunch - although they would do a much better job than Wenger, btw. So we come down to the realistic choices (if Wenger hasn't fucked things up so badly that choice has become a luxury). Pick anyone, who cares? Seriously? What difference does it make? We all know a new manager could go one way or the other. It could be a great fit or a lousy mismatch, we won't know until we try. This has been the big warning from the Wenger cultists - be careful, we might get somebody who's as bad as Wenger (even though they don't admit to the Wenger being shit part). Yes, we might. We might not. All that matters is the Wenger spell is broken.

The way I see it, if he's really going at the end of this season then the new guy gets a free year where even if he fucks it up totally it's no loss compared to the alternative, Wenger staying until 2019. So I don't know what anyone is worried about. Get the useless turd Wenger out - job done. That's success right there. Everything else is gravy. And there are very few fans left who will be insulted - maybe the diehard cultists like Ty and Letters and Chris Wenger, but who gives a fuck about them?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an insult to the fans. Not all of us stupid or willing accept whatever is served up. You're comparing us to tramps? So we should like it or lump it? No thanks.
    All you've done now is live up to your moniker. You are a deluded tramp. Eat the grub and be happy
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The fans are a big part of what has happened at this club. That day when the majority sang for Wenger when a minority finally tried to stand up - that should be etched on every gooner's brain. That's when the divide turned into a gulf. There are no innocent parties at this clusterfuck.

We know we aren't hiring Allardyce or anyone from that bunch - although they would do a much better job than Wenger, btw. So we come down to the realistic choices (if Wenger hasn't fucked things up so badly that choice has become a luxury). Pick anyone, who cares? Seriously? What difference does it make? We all know a new manager could go one way or the other. It could be a great fit or a lousy mismatch, we won't know until we try. This has been the big warning from the Wenger cultists - be careful, we might get somebody who's as bad as Wenger (even though they don't admit to the Wenger being shit part). Yes, we might. We might not. All that matters is the Wenger spell is broken.

The way I see it, if he's really going at the end of this season then the new guy gets a free year where even if he fucks it up totally it's no loss compared to the alternative, Wenger staying until 2019. So I don't know what anyone is worried about. Get the useless turd Wenger out - job done. That's success right there. Everything else is gravy. And there are very few fans left who will be insulted - maybe the diehard cultists like Ty and Letters and Chris Wenger, but who gives a fuck about them?
    I'm willing to give the new guy a chance.... any new guy. But that doesn't mean I stop thinking and talking about who I'd like to see get for the job or how they fit in. For once, this is a fresh conversation that Wenger's presence doesn't have to drag down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    only on goonersweb do people argue about something that has 0% chance of happening.

Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Wenger says he's being discriminated against because of his age.

Excuse after excuse.

I read that too...honestly speechless!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    And there are very few fans left who will be insulted - maybe the diehard cultists like Ty and Letters and Chris Wenger, but who gives a fuck about them?

Lying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

I read that too...honestly speechless!
    Ridiculous considering he's the one that introduced the 30+ 1 year contract.

I hope they fire him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard Tuchel has ruled out a move to Arseanl anyway. If the move were still on, for me, he'd fit in to the 2nd tier of managers we've been linked with.

3rd Teir
    Henry
    Arteta

2nd Teir
    Brendan Rodgers
    Joachim Low
    Tuchel

1st
    Jardim
    Luis Enrique
    Ancelotti
    Allegri

3rd tier are those taking on their first job and that's a risk I'd want to avoid.

2nd tier - managers with serious question marks against their record. Rodgers is the lowest of the 2nd tier for obvious reasons. He has a league title and cups with Celtic but would have to do a lot better in Europe to take him seriously. Low has no recent club experience despite being a WC winner. Managing a club team is a different beast. I'd rate Tuchel over him just because I think Low would have a steep learning curve.

1st teir

League winners. Jardim is the less accomplished but what he has done with Monaco is remarkable. Was close to ranking him ahead of Luis Enrique because Barca are Barca... but you get the idea. Simeone would be in this bracket but we have no chance of getting him.
    Nicely summarised, Allegri should be our first choice and we should move heaven and earth to get him here. The rumours are he is keen and I have heard Ivan G rates him very highly and wants him here.

Jardim or Enrique would be nice too...I would actually prefer Jardim ahead of Enrique.

I am personally not convinced of any of the 2nd tier Managers...whilst Low has done some great work with the German National Team his record at Club management isn't anything to write home about. Despite this he is a winner...so that is a big plus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridiculous considering he's the one that introduced the 30+ 1 year contract.

I hope they fire him.
    Yep, I want him fired too.

The thing with Wenger is that I wouldn't have such an issue with him if he was upfront and honest.

He's basically full of shit, constantly making excuses and shifting the goalpost, it's become cringe worthy.