User Tag List

Page 403 of 710 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 7091

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ‘I said before that we should be open minded and frank, what I’d say is that when we – the state – provide services to people, then it’s a two-way street, you have got to take your responsibilities too. ‘So I think there is a very strong argument for having compulsory vaccinations for children when they go to school because otherwise they are putting other children at risk.’ ‘Now, you have got to make sure the system would work, because some children can’t be vaccinated and some may hold very strong religious convictions that you would want to take into account. ‘But, frankly, the proportion of people in either of those two categories is tiny compared to the 7 per cent or 8 per cent now who don’t get vaccinated.’ -- Mat HanCOCK Sep 2019
    So 92% of kids get vaccinated? Why would they be at risk, if these vaccines are effective? Which is it? Do the vaccines work, in which case 92% take-up is more than enough? Or are modern vaccines simply profit vehicles that don't work at all, in which case why are 92% of kids taking them?

Expect to see this bullshit in the mainstream fake news soon, along with smears and accusations poured on parents who, for some inexplicable reason, don't trust profit hungry pharmaceutical corporations.

If only it was a two-way street. That way corporations wouldn't be legally immune should their products cause harm. But they get special protections in a no-lose deal with all the risk being placed on the public. I wonder where HanCOCK will end up once he leaves public "service"?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    From the tinfoil crackpots at the BMJ

congrats on the new job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Covid is global warming is Agenda 21/ 2030

Forget the food and parcel deliveries, those will be delivered by drones. The sub-standard housing is for the unprecedented number of immigrants that will be arriving in the next decade. Bezos will continue to get his subsidies and tax breaks as rent for small businesses and serfs increases.

None of it is by accident, none of it has anything to do with a free market. It's all about a manipulated market, run from central government and administered by local government. This began with huge incentives for out of town supermarkets and malls, now even that is too high an overhead for the viciously greedy and government subsidised corporations. They want it all online with less competition and fewer choices for the consumer. This keeps you out of the community and them in the money.

Maybe a lot of people will be happy to live in a tech bubble with minimal human contact, especially the younger generations. But maybe people should have been asked before it was decided and imposed. Regardless, get used to it, the new normal is all about reshaping the world around you at your cost and for the benefit of the new royalty.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by LDG; 17-11-2020 at 04:51 AM.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they could learn philosophy instead?

Though I suppose that would be putting Descartes before the whores.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Forget the food and parcel deliveries, those will be delivered by drones.
    I don't think that's coming any time soon. Drones right now can only carry fairly light loads and don't have much range.
    I've heard of a few proof of concepts but I can't see it scaling up. Plus there's plenty of potential for them falling on people or their property and causing injury/damage which would cause a load of lawsuits.

The sub-standard housing is for the unprecedented number of immigrants that will be arriving in the next decade.
    I thought Brexit was going to sort that out?
    Stop all those immigrants coming over here and *checks notes* running the NHS.

Maybe a lot of people will be happy to live in a tech bubble with minimal human contact, especially the younger generations. But maybe people should have been asked before it was decided and imposed.
    People were asked, weren't they? No-one is dragging people kicking and screaming to the hypermarket instead of the local high street.
    No-one is making people use Amazon instead of going to shops.
    I mean, I vaguely agree that supporting small and local businesses is a commendable thing to do, but the days of people going to the butcher and the baker and the candlestick maker are pretty much gone. Not because "they" are trying to orchestrate it that way because they have it in for you (I continue to find your paranoia about that a bit odd), simply because people like convenience. Going to one shop where you can get everything you need is objectively more convenient.

When it comes to Amazon, these days you can order something from Amazon one evening and you get it the next day. And what do you mean fewer choices for the consumer? You can get a far bigger range of things on Amazon than you'd find in any shop. Do you mean choices in terms of who you buy from? Doesn't the market decide which retailers (real or online) succeed? Amazon have succeeded because while they might be evil, they are objectively brilliant.
    I bought a digital camera from them once. It was something like £200. Never arrived. They put a note through my door saying they'd left it with someone a few doors up but they hadn't - and I was in at the time they left the note. I suspect the driver stole it. Anyway, so I had a moan, they refunded me and gave me a £10 voucher. So I thought "sod Amazon" and went to a shop to get the camera...it was £250. I pointed out to the bloke that I'd seen it online for £200, he said he couldn't do that so I re-ordered from Amazon and a couple of days later it arrived. I'm not destitute but the difference wasn't trivial, had it been I probably would have bought from the shop.

It's not like "they" stopped high street shops from operating, they were still there when supermarkets became a thing and people made their choice.
    Large companies can do things cheaper. And yes, you do miss some of the human contact and talking to Mr Goggins in the local butcher about her at number 43, but what do you do? The world moved on. Not because "they" enforced it, people made their choices. You see very few travel agents on the high streets these days - younger people find it objectively quicker and cheaper to book things online. Same with banks - my card went wrong recently, back in the day I would have had to go to a bank to sort that out, but now you can order a replacement via the app, which I did.

I agree that interactions becoming increasingly virtual is probably a bad thing (although I did meet my wife online, so...), but I don't think there's any evil masterplan behind it. Things just change over time, and the older you get the more suspicious of that you become.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The authoritarians in the Danish government are starting to crack under heavy public protest. Blood stirring scenes of Danes all across the country peacefully (though not quietly) warning the government it will not be tolerated for much longer if the lockdowns don't end.
    Für eure Sicherheit