User Tag List

Page 43 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Ole The Muppet and other Manc sh!t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Another GHEL who didn't have what it takes. How many genuinely world class English players are out there? None really. Most are just over-hyped which is why the national team always limps home having been soundly beaten. Something seriously wrong with the game in this country. It's more about fame and fortune here than football. Don't know if the smoking and drinking thing is true but can you imagine a top sportsman in any other performance based profession doing that shit?

We've had a whole string of world eaters, haven't we?

Gazza, Owen, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Walcott Whatever the flaw they have all failed to reach the top of the game. Some are pros but just not good enough but get hyped anyway, others, like Rooney, are pure shitheads. It all makes Beckham look pretty good and you have to say he's the best we've produced in decades. Sad indictment really. Jack is the next guy lined up to have all that shit heaped on him.
    Gascoigne was never overhyped, he was a genius, probably England's most talented footballer of the last 30 years, sadly he was never disciplined enough off the pitch to make the most of his talent on it, but we saw plenty of examples of what he could do nevertheless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rooney, along with Scholes, is by far the best English player of the last few decades.

Forget about his fatness, drinking, smoking, necrophilia and general horribleness and focus on his performances and numbers over his career and I doubt you'd find many better across any League.

I doubt he's leaving United either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lineker scored 48 goals, I think he's right up there.

Gascoigne however was the most naturally gifted out of all of them.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say Gerrard has failed to reach the top of the game either, I don't really care about the others and Owen is a shit****. OK he hasn't won the league, but that's because for most of his career, he's been dragging along a pretty shit team around him.

Unless the criteria to reach the "top of the game" is on the international stage, at which point you'd have to discount C. Ronaldo and Messi which would just be silly.

I know people (media mainly) massively overhype English players, but to go to the other extreme and just discount them is just as silly.

I realise I've used 'silly' twice which makes my point look a bit.... silly.
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 07-03-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shearer has to get in that list of English cunnys surely?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Shearer has to get in that list of English cunnys surely?
    Lee Dixon likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arse n Wonga View Post
    Lineker scored 48 goals, I think he's right up there.

Gascoigne however was the most naturally gifted out of all of them.
    Lineker was a brilliant goal-poacher but not much else (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Gazza was the most naturally gifted English footballer of his generation, arguably ever, but pissed it up the wall. Literally.

Never understood the Gazza-mania. He was just a loudmouth c***, none of his antics were funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wazza must still be taking it real hard going from the big dog to a 2nd rate/choice striker for the club which generates the most media attention. I expect that his drinking and smoking have both taken a wrong turn as opposed to fitness and health.

That Fergie is a crafty, conniving and vindictive fucker, isn't he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arse n Wonga View Post
    Gascoigne was never overhyped, he was a genius, probably England's most talented footballer of the last 30 years, sadly he was never disciplined enough off the pitch to make the most of his talent on it, but we saw plenty of examples of what he could do nevertheless.
    Didn't say he was over-hyped, I said he didn't have what it takes. All the players people are mentioning here, yes they generated statistics but they were/ are boring ****s compared to the entertainers in the game. Platini (who is now a **** of course), Zidane, Bale, Cruyff, Messi today plus a string of others, we all know the names. None English. Players like Rooney are, efficient, effective, they don't get you jumping out of your seat as a neutral unless it's to scream abuse for the latest dive in the box. Maybe Scholes gets a pass because he has the sheer professionalism to go with the fact he's an excellent if (again) slightly mechanical player.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wazza is a quality player, especially in terms of all round game. I don't think England have produced many better really.

He's just a massive chav, which is a shame.

He'll only go downhill if he leaves United though.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 07-03-2013 at 03:38 PM.