User Tag List

Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 2019.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I guess that pretty much covers it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I know some decent ones but I know what you mean.
    I don’t want Liverpool to win the league but can’t quite put my finger on why.
    Probably because them not winning the title for so long is a running joke etched into the mind of every football fan. So I guess it comes from a want to keep that going.

I don’t really mind if they do it. I don’t know any Liverpool fans personally and frankly I’m bored of dodgy clubs like City dominating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know some decent ones but I know what you mean.
    The fans will drone on but because so many of their ex-players are scattered around the media, the coverage will be insufferable after a 29 year gap. With City it’s just a meh. At the same time I do respect Guardiola because even with so much resources, translating his ideas onto the pitch still takes real management, even if the application of it is made easier with the talent at his disposal. The same with Klopp. We’ve seen Mourinho and PSG spend a ton and fall short. Utd were in a similar position to City for about a decade - the richest club in the UK with biggest budget under Fergie, self-sufficient or not, it’s all ridiculous levels of money that underpins continued success. Our budget is smaller, but even we’ve still got two £50m strikers in our team (both ‘possibly’ worth more now).
    Last edited by SMatthews; 07-04-2019 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate the idea of Citeh just buying everything for loadsamoney. Even manu earned their money, albeit from far east shirt sales and so on. Arsenal, Liverpool and Manu all got most of their money 'legitimately'. Citeh and Chavs had huge amounts put into the club from highly doubtful sources.

I also have a soft spot for Liverpool from when I started watching the Arsenal in the 1970s. A lot of teams just came and parked the bus but when Shankly's Liverpool came you got an exciting open game of football. And they were kind enough to concede 'right at the end' in 1989.

While teams do buy some expensive players, they don't practically buy an entire team all in one go. Even SAF only use to buy one or two key players in a year to add to the basic structure he had in place - we did the same.

We, Liverpool and Manu fill our stadiums, whereas Chavs and Citeh don't manage it on many occasions.

If Citeh do win the quadruple this season, it will only prove that you can buy anything with insane amounts of money and football will be the loser. Maybe it is the loser already. I guess I have to accept it has changed. I used to be able to go the Arsenal 15 minutes before the game, pay on the turnstile and watch a match - even against spuds or good teams. Now even with my red membership, it is not easy to get a ticket for many games.

Sky TV has f***ed the game, basically, so we have the likes of Citeh and Chavs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watford Wolves has started.

Both play good football - could be a good game this.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watford 0-1 Wolves, Doherty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great control and finish by Jimenez for 2-0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant goal by Deulofeu, 1-2

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it will.