User Tag List

Page 455 of 458 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 4574

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery and Recriminations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind84 View Post
    I would like to see it but he don't defend and isn't that intelligent a footballer. Santi isn't a good defender either but he is waaaay better at defending half spaces than Jack is.

Song did a lot of work for the team that season so let's not discount is performance. He was really strong defensively.

The demise of Diaby was so heartbreaking. He was basically an earlier version of Pogba in almost every way except Diaby had cleaner technique and Pogba could stay healthy. Diaby should be carrying the midfield now.

Rosicky was also greatness.
    I think it's more a case of Jack being given too much freedom and not fully understanding what is required of the role, so yeah I agree he definitely lacks the intelligence compared to Santi. After Jack's breakthrough season where he played in a more deeper role with discipline he came back and basically more or less had a free role in Midfield, he was given far too much freedom/license and Jack doesn't excel in a role like that IMO.

The more experienced players like Santi, Ozil, Sanchez benefit from Wenger's "hands off/learn it yourself type approach" because they are established players who understand the game, the likes of Jack doesn't and the fact he's been in and out of the team due to injury doesn't help.

Wenger really needs to get hold of the likes of Ramsey, Jack etc and guide them in a more hands on way IMO.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Yes, this has gone too far..
    I was enjoying it, especially when he was accusing me of being racist and that my racism was "informed" by being unemployed and blaming others for taking our jobs.

I was making insinuations about his sexuality, he was making insinuations about my employment status (i'm writing this whilst in the office at work ) and it was fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/news/w...class-wilshere

"Personally it's where I prefer him," he said. "I think Jack Wilshere is a world class player, has a great football brain and understands everything that's going on on a football pitch.

"He's most dangerous when you give him the ball in the final third. For me, it was always a shame that he played too deep. I like him closer to the goal because he can create."
    Wenger sees Jack's future as a number 10 and playing in the final third. He also confirmed that it was Jack that wanted to be loaned out and they came to a decision.

Jack really should have stuck around if Wenger wants him to play a more advanced role. It only takes one injury to Ozil. But it may also explain why Jack plays how he plays. Always pushing forwards to try and get into the final third. Lacking patience to let the game build. If Wenger he is more dangerous in the final third, could he be encouraging Jack to get forward as much as possible? I have the same theory about Theo and Ramsey. Trying to play to their strengths but it leads to an unbalanced player when developing. It's a trick that will work for older players but not youth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I was enjoying it, especially when he was accusing me of being racist and that my racism was "informed" by being unemployed and blaming others for taking our jobs.

I was making insinuations about his sexuality, he was making insinuations about my employment status (i'm writing this whilst in the office at work ) and it was fun.

Sure you're not back at school?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Hmm what i will say about Ramsey, is that i actually think although not anywhere near as good as Ozil....i think he could probably play that more advanced role quite competently.....when he was playing at his best three seasons ago i think he managed to link up well with Olivier Giroud. Now he wasn't playing the more advanced role then as that was taken by Ozil, but it suggested at least that he can do it and actually at the risk of praising him again i think he's reasonably ok at winning possession high up the pitch by pressing.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Sure you're not back at school?
    Don't.....I honestly have dreams where I'm back at school and invariably involves being unprepared for a lesson or exam.

That's just not like me at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I think it's more a case of Jack being given too much freedom and not fully understanding what is required of the role, so yeah I agree he definitely lacks the intelligence compared to Santi. After Jack's breakthrough season where he played in a more deeper role with discipline he came back and basically more or less had a free role in Midfield, he was given far too much freedom/license and Jack doesn't excel in a role like that IMO.

The more experienced players like Santi, Ozil, Sanchez benefit from Wenger's "hands off/learn it yourself type approach" because they are established players who understand the game, the likes of Jack doesn't and the fact he's been in and out of the team due to injury doesn't help.

Wenger really needs to get hold of the likes of Ramsey, Jack etc and guide them in a more hands on way IMO.
    I agree with you. It seems like there is a misunderstanding about the role but no idea if that's Jack's fault or Wenger's instructions. Wenger says Jack is intelligent and seems to understand what's happening all over the pitch.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Wenger says Jack is intelligent and seems to understand
    That suggests they don't talk that much, and that Wenger doesn't follow Wilshere on Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Hmm what i will say about Ramsey, is that i actually think although not anywhere near as good as Ozil....i think he could probably play that more advanced role quite competently.....when he was playing at his best three seasons ago i think he managed to link up well with Olivier Giroud. Now he wasn't playing the more advanced role then as that was taken by Ozil, but it suggested at least that he can do it and actually at the risk of praising him again i think he's reasonably ok at winning possession high up the pitch by pressing.
    Remember this goal?

I think Wilshere and Giroud have a good partnership as well. Better in fact. Wilshere's touch, passing and dribbling is more consistent. Ramsey can be a be clumsy at times. But I doubt we'll be playing with Giroud up front this season and Ramsey is injured anyway. I think Wilshere made a mistake with the loan move. Wenger has said it wasn't a case of where he had to prove his quality, but his discipline and commitment will probably be called into question.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Oh I totally agree, I was more suggesting we aren't totally screwed if Ozil gets injured but no question I'd rather have Wilshere playing there than Ramsey.