User Tag List

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction - 0-2 chelski

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Or we could play a ball he could run on to and use his pace against slower defenders.

As for Ozil - I don;t care if it is him, Wenger or a combination of the two - he has been utter garbage, the biggest disappointment signing I can remember.

We need to get rid - just the sight of him depresses me.
    It's at that point. He's turning into our Veron/Torres. There gets to point where you have to cut ties. He hasn't got what it takes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerrrrr View Post
    I have to wholly disagree with you mate.

Our two best performances this season have ironically coincided with Ozil in the middle.

What Wenger is unwilling to do is sacrifice players for the correct team balance and shape.

Play proper wingers on the wing, play aggressive ball winners in the middle and play your best creative player up top off the striker.

Having Carzola, Ozil, Wilshire, Ramsey, Arteta, Flamini all practically on the pitch at the same time is utterly pointless.

All you get is pointless passing, no runs into the box, and slow slow breaks.

This aint rocket science, but unfortunalty we have a uterlly clueless manager who rufuses to atcually take the time to balance his team.
    Do you think we couldn't get the same from Cazorla playing in middle instead of shunted out wide or further back as a CM? His two best performances for us doesn't come close to what it's like when Santi is on form and that's the problem for me.

But I agree with a lot of what you've said. We've had the same problems in the past when he'd play Diaby or Eboue on the wings. He's even played Cesc and Denilson out wide just to try and fit all of his preferred players on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerrrrr View Post
    I have to wholly disagree with you mate.

Our two best performances this season have ironically coincided with Ozil in the middle.

What Wenger is unwilling to do is sacrifice players for the correct team balance and shape.

Play proper wingers on the wing, play aggressive ball winners in the middle and play your best creative player up top off the striker.

Having Carzola, Ozil, Wilshire, Ramsey, Arteta, Flamini all practically on the pitch at the same time is utterly pointless.

All you get is pointless passing, no runs into the box, and slow slow breaks.

This aint rocket science, but unfortunalty we have a uterlly clueless manager who rufuses to atcually take the time to balance his team.
    Agree with you about the clusterfuck that is our midfield. But those Ozil performances you mentioned weren't anything out of the ordinary. Any semi competent midfielder could have pulled them off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger's gameplan

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    It's at that point. He's turning into our Veron/Torres. There gets to point where you have to cut ties. He hasn't got what it takes.
    Total nonsense. The bloke's a star player and world cup winner for the Germans. He was a great player for Madrid. Hasn't got what it takes? Utter bullshit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 more years of this shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Total nonsense. The bloke's a star player and world cup winner for the Germans. He was a great player for Madrid. Hasn't got what it takes? Utter bullshit.
    Then where are the performances to back that up, NQ? Where?

He's not setting the world on fire for the German's either and their fans have quickly turned on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    Doubtful. Wenger will have to get with the program whether he likes it or not. Now the money is in there's no excuse for the results not arriving.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Also, if the guy cost £4m instead of £40 odd, you'd be ripping into him like you do with the other non-performers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    You're making it sound worse than it really is. 2 1/2, by my calculations