User Tag List

Page 50 of 519 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...5m-profit.html

Not your favorite of the rags but what the heck...

'I have always worked in clubs who make money, and I would not feel that I do my job well if we lost money at the end of the season - never, no matter what happens on the sporting side - because you put the club in trouble and, in my opinion, that cannot be accepted from any manager.'
    This is the sort of mentality that probably bugs most supporters but I'm pretty sure the suits upstairs love him. I don't think the original Board members had envisioned selling off their shares when the stadium plans were drawn up. I'm not that cynical. I don't think that was the original intention. You seem to think they had sinister motives, so you tell me.

Year on year profit that wasn't invested back into the squad. We sat on the money make the club finances look healthier, or so I suspect. That shouldn't be his job and when I see the sort of transfer inaction as we've seen this year, it makes me even more suspicious. Where's his head at?

This is a very long winded debate but to wrap up, Wenger isn't naive. Once when addressing a shareholders meeting, his sharp tongue told them they should be the least disgruntled group because of our financial performance. He can see the connection. He's not just an employee and from the quoted comments, you can see this is a part of his philosophy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bignev View Post
    This is not going to happen, we'll get beaten to the punch as we always do, he won't be available at the end of August if he chooses to leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we know that PSG want Arsene to be their manager so £30 million and Arsene for Cavani?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can even throw in Giroud maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    don't be stupid. we actually want PSG to sell to us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    But without Giroud, he won't have anyone to aim for from the right side of our 433? I suppose we could always make Sanogo or Akpom our main striker, but I just don't think they're ready yet? If only there were a really obvious solution to this problem...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    we know that PSG want Arsene to be their manager so £30 million and Arsene for Cavani?

Best post on here tbh.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it's shaping up to be another summer where there's gonna be a lot of top strikers available (or at least unhappy)? Could also be a good selection of wide forwards and secondary strikers to choose from too, if we really want to go all-out on the attacking overhaul? Surely, we have to come out of it with something decent this time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Looks like it's shaping up to be another summer where there's gonna be a lot of top strikers available (or at least unhappy)? Could also be a good selection of wide forwards and secondary strikers to choose from too, if we really want to go all-out on the attacking overhaul? Surely, we have to come out of it with something decent this time?
    Tabloids are "suggesting" that we are in the hunt for 2-3 WC Players along with other squad Players.

If I were to dream, I would be happy if we got Balotelli, Draxler and Bender/ Pogba, sorted out Sagna's contract and perhaps get Williams if Vermaelen went.