User Tag List

Page 53 of 458 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery and Recriminations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would be a realistic bid?

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely we could tempt Aumebyang by throwing lot of dosh his way?

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lukaku should be so much better than he is, seems like he is coasting his way through his career to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    This is the one rumour I want to be true. The last time I wanted a striker as much was when Arsene was thinking about signing F Torres before he stuck his faith in a Bendtner -and Liverpool didn't waste any time or money. Morata is an excellent player -and Ozil would be the perfect partner for him. Morata, Sanchez and Ozil would be fantastic.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.” Dennis Bergkamp
    "I started clapping myself until I realized that i was sunderland's manager". Peter Reid
    "Happy those, who can remain at Highbury." Jane Austen, Emma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I don't think Wenger is even looking for that sort of striker. A physical presence with technique seems to be what he's looking for.
    Yeah. Benzema.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    I'd rather we spend big on Lukaku than any of the names mentioned here. Unless we are going to place a realistic bid for Messi, Neymar, Suarez or Ronaldo.

Oh, there is Ibrahimovic too but I dont think Wenger will want someone with an opinion.
    Lukaku isn't even a upgrade on Giroud. Can't you tell the difference between a bog standard journeyman and a player? Lukaku would bash and batter his way to about as many goals as Bif I reckon. Maybe a few more, but not enough t make a difference. Let the chavs or gypos take him. And ideally Liverpool take Ibra. But that won't happen either. Ibra knows how to be in the right place at the right time, that's probably his biggest attribute.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    We already have the Wenger spanner
    We do. Which is why most of this is academic. If we don't splash big for a player that has so much character and drive that even Wenger can't bring him down then we're wasting time. But of course Wenger has that covered, he never spends what is really needed. So maybe the best bet is to be hoping he lucks in on a younger player who comes good fast. Everyone's laughing at Rashford but he's a hell of player. Amazing we haven't seen something like that come through the ranks considering Wenger is such a genius with young players.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergkampwonderland10 View Post
    This is the one rumour I want to be true. The last time I wanted a striker as much was when Arsene was thinking about signing F Torres before he stuck his faith in a Bendtner -and Liverpool didn't waste any time or money. Morata is an excellent player -and Ozil would be the perfect partner for him. Morata, Sanchez and Ozil would be fantastic.
    You said it. Wants Torres - goes with Bendtner. That should be the strapline on Wenger's book he'll write some day and all the psychiatrists will devour.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We signed Eduardo when Liverpool signed Torres. In addition, we had RVP and Adebayor at the time as the strikers ahead of Bendtner.

It seems that people are just making events up to back their viewpoints.

Wenger has made some daft decisions but wow is the revisionism strong on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Lukaku should be so much better than he is, seems like he is coasting his way through his career to me.
    He's 23 and scoring more each season having had a quick look at his stats. Scored more than Giroud in a team that really did become a shambles. He has his faults and areas to improve on but I can't see us attracting a genuine world class striker and I think he's as good a bet as any in terms of potential and will guarantee a certain level of return too.