0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet he won the free kick though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool the whole club is a disgrace, Kenny is to blame for all of this bad feeling, should be made to stand down asap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool totally mishandled the whole thing. Correct approach after the match where Suarez did the nigreto deed was for them to persuade him by whatever it took to say that in his country it was normal, he didn't realise it was offensive over here and was sorry for what he said and would be more careful in the future. He'd have had much less than an 8 match ban and it would have been a warning to everyone else (except Terry) for their future conduct. By being a cunt, he has made himself look like an even bigger twat and made Liverpool look bad. Mind you, Dalglish failed to take control of the situation as well and didn't help. Basically, self-inflicted by Liverpool and Suarez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dalglish: "When I went on TV after yesterday's game I hadn't seen what had happened, but I did not conduct myself in a way befitting of a Liverpool manager during that interview and I'd like to apologise for that."
    Looks as if someone high up at Liverpool has had a word in Dalglish's ear.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the one?

The Yanks' patience has waned. I would imagine race rows are even more of a touchy subject in the US and it's a 1 more strike and you're out to Suarez. As good as gone anyway, mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post
    Just the one?

The Yanks' patience has waned. I would imagine race rows are even more of a touchy subject in the US and it's a 1 more strike and you're out to Suarez. As good as gone anyway, mind.
    if as you say race rows are bigger over there then why has there been no apology for the racist comments? they apologised for a tele interview and a non handshake but not about the comments themselves. surely evra and united would rather an apologly for the racism then the handshake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At long last a bit of self-reproach from this horrible club.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    if as you say race rows are bigger over there then why has there been no apology for the racist comments? they apologised for a tele interview and a non handshake but not about the comments themselves. surely evra and united would rather an apologly for the racism then the handshake.
    I agree, we should have apologised whether we thought Suarez was guilty or not. Fact is he made the comments regardless of intent. Mea culpa and all that. We handled it horrendously badly and now the owners have stepped in with some leadership we needed from the start. My memory is shocking but I think we made some half-arsed statement which fell short of apologising but had that general tone. Might be making that up though.

I don't know how much it penetrated into the US originally, but even the New York Times (a stakeholder in NESV by the way) were calling for a line to be drawn after the handshake.

It was a lose-lose situation having to apologise now, but I said it back then; take it on the chin and move on. Whether everyone follows that is a different matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luis Suarez

The only man who can actually make Patrice Evra look less of a ****

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool are at the centre of a new race row after reports emerged that Spanish broadcasters have pulled an advert starring Pepe Reina for racial stereotyping.

The club were widely criticised for their handling of the Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra affair but are said to have been unaware of Reina's involvement in the 26-second advert for Spanish insurance firm Groupama.

The advertisement drew strong condemntaion from Simon Wolley, director of Operation Black Vote, a non-political campaign group and the group's director.

"I’m shocked on so many levels," Wolley stated.

"Firstly, how would the Spanish feel if the English stereotyped Spanish people as backward, stupid and animalistic homosexuals?

“Secondly, what does this say about Pepe Reina?

"The Liverpool goalkeeper has lived and worked in the UK for nearly a decade – does he think it’s OK to characterise black people this way? Does he think his black team-mates will laugh at his joke?”

In the advert, Reina is seen discovering an African tribe, whose people surround the goalkeeper dancing.

When the tribe's leader points to Reina and says 'Queen' and then to himself and saying 'King', there is a suggestion of a sexual relationship between the two - the Spaniard's surname roughly translates into Spanish as 'Queen'.

The Reds hierarchy will be keen to play down Reina's involvement in the advertisement's content, but Groupama remained unrepentant despite seeing it pulled from the air.

"Groupama Seguros does not consider that this advert contains either offensive or any discriminatory content," a statement read
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...-advertisement