User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Match Burial v Spuds (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s only getting sacked if the unthinkable happens and we actually do begin to flirt with relegation. There’s a lot of football to be played first before we consider that though. Saying that however, I reckon there will be huge clamour to sack him if we lose to Burnley this weekend.

I think we’re just going to drift around mid table for the season, maybe find a little run of form after Christmas, have a cup run and then rinse and repeat next season. Trust the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think he'll be given the season at least.

I have some sympathy in that the whole structure of the club is a mess, terrible management and leadership over a sustained period of time. A large chunk of the squad he inherited are simply not fit for purpose.

However where he loses the sympathy for me is a) the style of football he wants to play is so negative and b) persisting with certain players who have consistently under-performed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Personally I think he'll be given the season at least.

I have some sympathy in that the whole structure of the club is a mess, terrible management and leadership over a sustained period of time. A large chunk of the squad he inherited are simply not fit for purpose.

However where he loses the sympathy for me is a) the style of football he wants to play is so negative and b) persisting with certain players who have consistently under-performed.
    your last sentence is the reason why he might not get a season, plus if we really do struggle, i think he might be chucked out, the problem is it might be too late by then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we need to become a laughing stock before he gets sacked. A club legend like Freddie was given the heave ho after about 6 games. This guy was here for barely 3 seasons and his tenure was the end game of Wengers banter years. He should be out by Xmas or by Monday if Burnley do the likely thing and beat us. We are that bad
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to a family issue I couldn't watch the game so my following observations only include previous games.
    I like Arteta, I like his drive but tactically he seems a one trick pony. We peaked at the end of last season and we're still living off the FA cup triumph, domestically teams have already sussed us out and Arteta doesn't have a plan B. I've had issues with this teams lack of creativity and goals for some time now, if Auba doesn't score then we're in big trouble. Kroenke needs to give Arteta £100m+ and say show me what you can do but he won't so I think we will stay middle of the road for quite some time I'm afraid.
    Players that need to go include Bellerin (I've never understand what all the fuss was about), Xhaka (too slow for the PL), Holding, Mustafi and Chambers (all too inconsistent). Keep rebuilding the back 4 with a couple more signings and buy some midfield goal scorers. Problem sorted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like Chambers, he's an Arsenal man and a very good utility player, plus under Emery he showed real spirit and tried to get the team attacking more when playing as RWB

I'd keep him but I agree on the others, Holding isn't living up to early promise and we could get a good price for Bellerin i think which would be handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chambers is a better midfielder than Xhaka will ever be. He is a versatile player that we should keep imo
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WGC Goon View Post
    Due to a family issue I couldn't watch the game so my following observations only include previous games.
    I like Arteta, I like his drive but tactically he seems a one trick pony. We peaked at the end of last season and we're still living off the FA cup triumph, domestically teams have already sussed us out and Arteta doesn't have a plan B. I've had issues with this teams lack of creativity and goals for some time now, if Auba doesn't score then we're in big trouble. Kroenke needs to give Arteta £100m+ and say show me what you can do but he won't so I think we will stay middle of the road for quite some time I'm afraid.
    Players that need to go include Bellerin (I've never understand what all the fuss was about), Xhaka (too slow for the PL), Holding, Mustafi and Chambers (all too inconsistent). Keep rebuilding the back 4 with a couple more signings and buy some midfield goal scorers. Problem sorted!
    I don’t have much time for Kroenke but he has invested the money when it’s been called for, why should they keep on giving more when they don’t see a return? They pulled 50m out of their arse to land Partey and have spent a sizeable amount in summers gone by. Where they’ve failed is employing useless people to run the footballing side of the club.

We can keep spending money and rebuilding but the foundations of the club are rotten to the core. So whatever we try to build will inevitably collapse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully brighton lost so we are still 15th.

Lose to burnley and arteta time should be up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Chambers is a better midfielder than Xhaka will ever be. He is a versatile player that we should keep imo
    I think I'm a better midfielder that Xhaka, I keep telling my missus that when he's playing