Page 62 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: EU Referendum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Murderer?

I agree that she's shady and possibly quite corrupt NQ, but unfortunately in America the presidency is a two person choice and she's infinitely more preferable to Trump who seems ready to nuke a country if they say something mean about him. Completely temperamentally unfit.

Well that's good news at least. Probably as a result of the Governer of the BoE coming out with his statement earlier to reassure markets. As I said in my first post since the result was confirmed, I really do pray that things work out and I would take absolutely no pleasure in being proven right about my fears.

My other concern is whether interest rates will have to be raised and what effect that's going to have on people's mortgages. People may have to start budgeting their earnings more carefully.
    No, you are correct, murderer is wrong. She didn't do it herself, she organised it. She's a very serious criminal with a long sheet stretching over decades.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    The Tories have seen the rise of UKIP and the SNP in Scotland and have taken control of a potential undercurrent that could've swept them away in future elections. In political terms, this has been a masterclass in planning. Staging a blue on blue contest, where only one colour (in more ways than one) will win out. Now somehow, incredibly, Boris and Gove are the people's champion, the posh boys who will stand up for the working class. Definitely not the Oxford boys that will fuck the country up the arse with a jagged metal pole. This just goes to show that on a mass scale, people are idiots and will continue to be so, sucked in by well spoken men in suits making promises they will never come close to keeping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    If nothing else comes out of this, then surely the voting system in this country will have to come under serious scrutiny now? Love them or hate them, we have 1 party who stand/stood for independence from the EU - UKIP - any they won 1 seat in parliament in the general election last year; yet over 50% of the population has just voted to leave the EU in the referendum?!! Granted, that doesn't mean that over 50% of the population must therefore be UKIP supporters - you can be in favour of independence and not be any kind of fan of theirs - but all the same something looks badly wrong with this picture...
    Agreed, but honestly, I think a lot of people didn't do their research and were voting purely from an emotional point of view. Can somebody please summarise a list of benefits to us being out of the EU because I've yet to see them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good grief - the BBC

What will happen to all the Poles in Britain?

Nothing! Who, apart from the BNP, has said Poles have to leave? Nobody.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    I've been up too long to properly argue but I'll jst say look at CLintons record she has left nothing but a trail of destruction. Plus she's crooked as hell.

As for Trumps business, a few failed but many many more took off you win some you lose some and he won a hell of a lot.

I'll just leave this here

Speechless.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Agreed, but honestly, I think a lot of people didn't do their research and were voting purely from an emotional point of view. Can somebody please summarise a list of benefits to us being out of the EU because I've yet to see them?
    Just over 17 million people can force the hand of the state. That's around 200 million fewer than would be required to force the hand of the EU. So that's a massive, though imperfect, benefit.

Leave or Remain, makes no odds, the big benefit has been sustained focus on the EU. Very healthy and even if many people didn't dig out many facts at least the past four months will have allowed far more people than before to get acquainted with the EU, what it is, what is stands for. That's a massive benefit for all concerned.

If 17 million people are emboldened by this then more can be achieved. This is Day 1. Who knows what might develop over the coming weeks. But I think it will have to be a variation on business as usual at least.

Cameron has gone. Lovely benefit. Some bastard will replace him but at least he's gone.

Tony Blair. Fucking delicious. Ken Clarke. Glorious. Surely everyone can enjoy their misery?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speechless.....
    I know.

The man is an inspiration.

The very definition of an AMerican success now he aims to occupy the highest office in the world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    Did you drink all of the kool-aid?
    See, this is why democracy doesn't work...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people voted to stay in the EU out of fear, people are scared of the unknown, interestingly most of the remain parts of the country are rich if you look at the map in England....hmmmm.

From the map it appears that Scotland seems to think it's benifitting but England isn't, guess it's because noone wants to live in Scotland.
    Last edited by Özim; 24-06-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    That theory that he'd have been better off leaving it in a bank has been debunked. He started with a small loan of $1m and made over$10bn
    Again, according to Trump who is a massive liar.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...siness-empire/

How is he bigoted? Have you listened to what he actually said or what the media reported?
    Yes, I've listened to what he says.