User Tag List

Page 62 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: The Liverpool Thread 2017/2018 featuring Jurgen Klopp

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JOHN ALDRIDGE has launched an astonishing attack on Liverpool and dubbed his old club a ‘laughing stock’.

Local-boy Aldridge spent 2½ years with his boyhood heroes as part of a forward unit many Kopites still rate as the most breathtaking in the Reds’ history.

Few former stars have been hurt quite as much by the club’s worst run since 1953 and the prospect of their lowest-ever Premier League finish as Aldo.

Sunday’s 2-0 humiliation at Newcastle was their sixth loss in seven league games, and only rock-bottom Wolves have a poorer record since the turn of the year.

Most humiliating of all for die-hard Reds is the serious prospect of finishing below neighbours Everton for only the second time in Premier League history.

Now one-time Kop idol Aldo has aimed both barrels at his former employers — and delivered a verdict as deadly as the finishing which brought him 63 goals in 104 games.

Aldridge, who watches Liverpool every week working for local radio, blasted: “Liverpool are now in a crisis. To lose six out of seven in the league is something the club won’t tolerate, we can’t tolerate.

“To have picked up just eight points out of 36 since the turn of the year is shambolic — relegation form.

“The fact that this is the worst run in the league since 1953 speaks volumes. The eyes of the world are on Liverpool FC and the critics are having a field day. We’re becoming a laughing stock.

“We’re all proud to be associated with the club and everything it has achieved over the years. But at the moment being a fan is just embarrassing and that’s something I haven’t had to say before.”

Aldridge went to Anfield in 1987, snapped up from Oxford by current Kop boss Kenny Dalglish to replace Juventus-bound Ian Rush.

He spearheaded a line-up which included Peter Beardsley and John Barnes, and lifted two league titles and an FA Cup, before heading for Real Sociedad.

The Liverpool of today could hardly be more removed from the one of his day, which went on a then record unbeaten start of 29 games and lifted the title at a canter.

Aldridge, 53, said: “You can blame the manager and the coaching staff but it comes down to the players.

“Some of them should take a look in the mirror.They are playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

“We know we’re not the finished article but we’re better than what we’ve seen recently.

“The team just seems to have lost belief. They need to get back to playing for each other.

“We’ve talked about good performances not getting the rewards they deserved, but it’s time for all those excuses to be thrown out of the window.

“Liverpool FC fans are going to work distraught and seeing the team struggle like they did at Newcastle hurts a lot.”

The Reds have proved they can still match the big guns in a one-off — as they proved by knocking both Manchester clubs out of the domestic cups.

The Carling Cup is in safe keeping, and on Saturday week they have a Wembley showdown with Everton as they gun for a place in the FA Cup final.

But they will have to do it without keeper Pepe Reina, banned for three games after his dismissal at Newcastle, and with players’ confidence on the slide.

Aldo added: “When you are in a rut it’s hard to get out of it.

“As a manager sometimes you have to do something different just to try to get a response. When I was at Tranmere occasionally I’d take all the lads for a Chinese or a few beers.

“Something needs to be done to spark a reaction.

“More than anything I want to see some pride. That’s all we’re playing for in the league now.

“The target has to be to make sure the Blues don’t finish above us.

“They have turned their season around and now we need to see our players follow suit.”
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ing-stock.html

Aldo

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he's right.

And I think if anyone would realise that it would be Dalglish. Whether he can fix it, .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a ****

The eyes of the world are on Liverpool FC
    no they aren't because its not 1987, i hate to break it to you John and to the 96% of all Liverpool fans but very few people actually give a fuck what you are doing and how its going.

Also

They are playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.
    No they arent, they are playing for a slightly above mid table side managed by a **** and full of **** players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenny installed as the new favourite to be the next manager to leave their post by the end of the season in the Premiership

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but excluding NGIB and the scouse at work they are the most self obsessed football fans in the world, "the eyes of the world are on us" no they aren't , they are watching the build up to the master you fuckstick.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NGIB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    NGIB?
    Ngog is boss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Kenny installed as the new favourite to be the next manager to leave their post by the end of the season in the Premiership
    The new ownership have asked for him to do a written report on why they are so crap atm. The fans have a problem with their big hero on the field seeming to be not so good as a manager. I don't think he gets the modern game and they'd be better off getting someone else like Harry Redknap.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...tion-have-hurt

What factors would these be then?