User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal vs Man Utd - It Will Never Change While Wenger Haunts Us

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal's Facebook account showing the expected tact and context.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    On a side note is de gea one of the best goalkeepers the premier league has ever had? Top 5 surely
    Hard to say. Our finishing was so woefully inept, we hit at least half those efforts right at him and certainly more than a couple of those "saves" were him standing there, oblivious, as we punted the ball off him. But there were more than a few good saves in there and some of the time it was him against us, Utd's defence being pretty poxy in truth.

Nowhere near as poxy as ours, of course.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Hard to say. Our finishing was so woefully inept, we hit at least half those efforts right at him and certainly more than a couple of those "saves" were him standing there, oblivious, as we punted the ball off him. But there were more than a few good saves in there and some of the time it was him against us, Utd's defence being pretty poxy in truth.

It's been worse. They beat us 8-2 in 2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly a mixture of poor finishing and good saves but there's no doubt De Gea is an exceptional keeper, he's been one of, if not the best in the game for a number of years now.

Hope we can find ourselves someone of his class soon. I think Cech is ok, still very commanding in the box but he's showing his age now, doesn't seem to be very agile anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Certainly a mixture of poor finishing and good saves but there's no doubt De Gea is an exceptional keeper, he's been one of, if not the best in the game for a number of years now.

Hope we can find ourselves someone of his class soon. I think Cech is ok, still very commanding in the box but he's showing his age now, doesn't seem to be very agile anymore.
    Cech's a great pro - all we need to do now is put a defence in front of him. 10 years without a defence. It's a scandal that has become a tradition that has become business as usual. Wenger has lulled at least half the players and half the fans, and certainly the majority of the executive, into believing second best will do. Cech cut his teeth on being a winner. Now he finds himself at a club where winning is just not on the priority list. Yet you don't see him moaning or complaining or causing a fuss, he gets on and does the best he can do. Eventually age will catch up with him, but for now he's a good solid pro, he has winning in his locker, Wenger can't take away his winner's medals and I'll bet he's a great influence in the dressing room and I'm pretty damn sure we'd be worse off if we lost one of the characters who knows what winning is about.

I'd also bet De Gea would look half the keeper if he came and played for us. We all know why.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cech's a great pro - all we need to do now is put a defence in front of him. 10 years without a defence. It's a scandal that has become a tradition that has become business as usual. Wenger has lulled at least half the players and half the fans, and certainly the majority of the executive, into believing second best will do. Cech cut his teeth on being a winner. Now he finds himself at a club where winning is just not on the priority list. Yet you don't see him moaning or complaining or causing a fuss, he gets on and does the best he can do. Eventually age will catch up with him, but for now he's a good solid pro, he has winning in his locker, Wenger can't take away his winner's medals and I'll bet he's a great influence in the dressing room and I'm pretty damn sure we'd be worse off if we lost one of the characters who knows what winning is about.

I'd also bet De Gea would look half the keeper if he came and played for us. We all know why.
    Gunnersaurus' pre match high 5s?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Koscielny was so amateurish on the 3rd goal, what was he doing? he tried to barge Pogba off the ball and he ended up being rolled like a kid. All he needed to do there was stand his ground and move Pogba away form our goal.

That 3rd goal was the killer because we were peppering their goal.
    It reminded me of his defending when he first joined the club.... just getting rolled and muscled off the ball at key moments by any old oaf. Some suggestions from places that he is still habouring an injury though....?

I've thought De Gea is better than Neuer for a few years now.....and not just because he is a brilliant shot stopper. Quite possibly the best there is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After all these years.

Our defence...

Wenger OUT! Enough is enough and then some.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After all these years.

Our defence...

The epitome of bad coaching, but Wenger never sees, bad luck on the result because clearly we were the better team he says. Yeah right. The better team with worse defenders, worse midfield and inaccurate strikers.

Koscielny gets bossed off the ball by Pogba. Just as he used to do when he joined over half a decade ago. Just as Senderos used to do against Drogba all those years ago. This from a man who used to hobble the invincibles by adding Pascal Cygan into their mix. A man who regularly plays CB as FB and vice versa. Bad coaching or more likely non existent coaching. All hallmarks of delusion and gross incompetence.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After all these years.

Our defence...

Wright is right. (sorry).

I'm hearing people quote the stats but isn't this the sort of thing we slate Wenger for? Like a couple of weeks back when he was talking about that 'likely goals' stat or whatever it was.