User Tag List

Page 76 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Strong reports coming out of Argentina that Arsenal could meet Cristian Pavon's release clause within hours. Seen as Sanchez replacement. @charles_watts
    https://t.co/clH9eWIb7A
    Cheap unknown replacement for Sanchez, pretty typical really, can see this one having legs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some reports saying Wilshere may need to take a pay cut in his basic salary to stay at Arsenal, they want to make more of it bonus based, makes sense really, he's such a crock you'd be mad not to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Few rags reporting that City will wait until the summer for Alexis and give him a 30m signing on fee.
    They don't need him, they may as well wait until the summer, not that far away now. We were optimistic to say the least to think we could get 40 million for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    They don't need him, they may as well wait until the summer, not that far away now. We were optimistic to say the least to think we could get 40 million for him.
    In all honesty I think we’ll be lucky to get over £20m for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen a few reports about this Brazilian kid called Malcolm playing in France. Possible Sanchez replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I agree, he barely has any time left on his contract and to be honest hasn't been all that great this season either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Seen a few reports about this Brazilian kid called Malcolm playing in France. Possible Sanchez replacement.
    Not entirely against getting a skillful youngish Brazilian on board, if he can dribble would provide some much needed excitement. Should be an addition though, not a replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep agreed. In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if City "pull our pants down" and walk away from any potential deal if we start trying to play hardball.

They have us by the balls because we either accept a pittance for him or lose him for free.

Why we didn't accept the 60million on deadline day is beyond me, we knew how precarious the situation was back then and the gamble has spectacularly failed, it wasn't as if we were odds on for top 4 or whatever even with him here.

As Delusions Of Grandeur stated above, it beggars belief why Wenger hasn't been shown the door for the Sanchez and Ozil fiasco, it's gross mismanagement.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep agreed. In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if City "pull our pants down" and walk away from any potential deal if we start trying to play hardball.

They have us by the balls because we either accept a pittance for him or lose him for free.

Why we didn't accept the 60million on deadline day is beyond me, we knew how precarious the situation was back then and the gamble has spectacularly failed, it wasn't as if we were odds on for top 4 or whatever even with him here.

As Delusions Of Grandeur stated above, it beggars belief why Wenger hasn't been shown the door for the Sanchez and Ozil fiasco, it's gross mismanagement.
    It’s gross mismanagement by the club in general that Wenger was given carte Blanche to make such decisions

Although it could be argued that this was the contributory factor in bringing in Mislintat and Sanllehli

Positive PR aside they knew what a monumental fuck up last summer was. As the le grove podcast states, it will be interesting to see what happens when invariably Wenger comes into conflict with these guys.

My view is that Wenger is so desperate not to go, that like with their appointment in the first place he will begrudgingly accept their recommendations and try and claim that anything they do was his idea

I don’t think he will be allowed to sideline them like he did with Forsythe and Jonker
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 10-01-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should keep Sanchez until the summer now, even when not at his best he will get goals and assists. Ensuring we have European competition next season is surely worth more than an extra 20 million in Kroenkes pocket. What a complete mess we are in though.