User Tag List

Page 761 of 1404 FirstFirst ... 2616617117517597607617627637718118611261 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 14035

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's probably me done then. I can't imagine how I'd be able to stand another three seasons of this shit. The odd Alexis run, the odd Ozil pass, the impetuosity of Iwobi (which Wenger is busy training out of him), what else? I have literally fallen asleep during games this season.

Kroenke will urge him to sign early if we make a strong start next season? So all the joy of winning will be sucked away as the consequences unfold. It's like we're cursed for all eternity. It seems like an eternity anyway.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I buy that story. Firstly, I'm not sure a deadline really applies to Wenger. If he went into November undecided, given how much Kroenke and co back him, they wouldn't pull the offer back. Absolutely no way. If Kroenke wants him to stay by offering a new contract, putting a time limit on it doesn't follow logic. Added to the fact that Wenger has often left his extensions right up until the last minute, at least on the last couple of occasions under the current owner. The timing also makes little sense - why October? Arsenal are rarely that organised when it comes to 'transfers' and who would they be able to assess two months into a new season? Quite a bit doesn't add up for me.
    Last edited by Kano; 13-05-2016 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Not sure I buy that story. Firstly, I'm not sure a deadline really applies to Wenger. If he went into November undecided, given how much Kroenke and co back him, they wouldn't pull the offer back. Absolutely no way. If Kroenke wants him to stay by offering a new contract, putting a time limit on it doesn't follow logic. Added to the fact that Wenger has often left his extensions right up until the last minute, at least on the last couple of occasions under the current owner. The timing also makes little sense - why October? Arsenal are rarely that organised when it comes to 'transfers' and who would they be able to assess two months into a new season? Quite a bit doesn't add up for me.
    Generally Wenger has signed extensions quite late on but generally those periods he was still in a strong position and popular among most fans. Now there are protests, fans are regularly turning on each other. So I think there is an element of truth in this and there does need to be a deadline as obviously the board haven't got a clue who to turn to as next manager so probably do need around 7/8 months to find someone else.

The other thing is, if the players know next season is Wenger's last then next season will be a total shambles. Look at City, a vastly better squad and totally underachieved as the manager is going. Chelsea haven't really turned it around still hovering mid table and they have had a caretaker manager. United lots of uncertainty around LVG and that could be part of the reason for inconsistent performances.

I think Wenger will sign again but I hope there is a break clause at the end of next season when Wenger is then given an ambassadorial role and we recruit a new manager. Or maybe this contract offer is to ensure the players don't go through the motions next season as Wenger could still continue in the role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Generally Wenger has signed extensions quite late on but generally those periods he was still in a strong position and popular among most fans. Now there are protests, fans are regularly turning on each other. So I think there is an element of truth in this and there does need to be a deadline as obviously the board haven't got a clue who to turn to as next manager so probably do need around 7/8 months to find someone else.

The other thing is, if the players know next season is Wenger's last then next season will be a total shambles. Look at City, a vastly better squad and totally underachieved as the manager is going. Chelsea haven't really turned it around still hovering mid table and they have had a caretaker manager. United lots of uncertainty around LVG and that could be part of the reason for inconsistent performances.

I think Wenger will sign again but I hope there is a break clause at the end of next season when Wenger is then given an ambassadorial role and we recruit a new manager. Or maybe this contract offer is to ensure the players don't go through the motions next season as Wenger could still continue in the role.
    Let's say it's November, who could they possibly begin to start identifying then that would be a realistic option? If it is a decent manager (ahem) then they'll be knee deep in the current campaign and at best, their plans won't go tits up until Feb/March when overtures can be made. If it's a crappy manager, then 7/8 months surely wouldn't be needed to pluck them from whatever obscure job they might be in. Arsenal call, you pack your bags and you're off.

The City I put down to an ageing squad that is past its best. They were wildly inconsistent some time before this Pep announcement and that trend continued until the end of the season. I don't think they won back to back Prem games until last month. They also progressed further in the CL than they ever have (despite blowing the semi) so their focus seemed to be elsewhere too. Players under Wenger have been in the same positions in recent times (his last contract as an example) and they'll be thinking it's just as likely he'll sign as he'll leave. City have a different culture of turning over managers quickly and the players are very aware of that. At our club we have this very strange and unique scenario and I'm not sure the mangers contract situation affects the players approach too much. It'll be a shambles either way!

I can't see any other scenario beyond Wenger going upstairs and then being the man who picks out the next manager. No one in the clubs hierarchy seem to want to get involved too heavily on the football side of things, which is a big part reason why the club finds itself in the current situation. They rely too much on his input on and off the pitch and I can't see that marriage dissolving any time soon.
    Last edited by Kano; 13-05-2016 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henry Winter: Arsenal are insane to consider giving manager new deal

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ar...er-a-new-deal-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Let's say it's November, who could they possibly begin to start identifying then that would be a realistic option? If it is a decent manager (ahem) then they'll be knee deep in the current campaign and at best, their plans won't go tits up until Feb/March when overtures can be made. If it's a crappy manager, then 7/8 months surely wouldn't be needed to pluck them from whatever obscure job they might be in. Arsenal call, you pack your bags and you're off.

The City I put down to an ageing squad that is past its best. They were wildly inconsistent some time before this Pep announcement and that trend continued until the end of the season. I don't think they won back to back Prem games until last month. They also progressed further in the CL than they ever have (despite blowing the semi) so their focus seemed to be elsewhere too. Players under Wenger have been in the same positions in recent times (his last contract as an example) and they'll be thinking it's just as likely he'll sign as he'll leave. City have a different culture of turning over managers quickly and the players are very aware of that. At our club we have this very strange and unique scenario and I'm not sure the mangers contract situation affects the players approach too much. It'll be a shambles either way!

I can't see any other scenario beyond Wenger going upstairs and then being the man who picks out the next manager. No one in the clubs hierarchy seem to want to get involved too heavily on the football side of things, which is a big part reason why the club finds itself in the current situation. They rely too much on his input on and off the pitch and I can't see that marriage dissolving any time soon.
    They could already have a shortlist of candidates. The deadline could be for when they make an official approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post

Henry Winter: Arsenal are insane to consider giving manager new deal

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ar...er-a-new-deal-
    It's nuts. Let's hope it's just a gesture if there is a such a thing. Offer him a really shitty contract so it looks like it's his decision to leave. I doubt that's the case though. We've probably smacked a £12m a year deal on the table!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    It's nuts. Let's hope it's just a gesture if there is a such a thing. Offer him a really shitty contract so it looks like it's his decision to leave. I doubt that's the case though. We've probably smacked a £12m a year deal on the table!
    It's like he isn't accountable for anything other than getting top 4.

If he gets offered and accepts a new deal, I'm done until he leaves.

His press conference is coming up now. Hopefully the press grill him on it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    It's like he isn't accountable for anything other than getting top 4.

If he gets offered and accepts a new deal, I'm done until he leaves.

His press conference is coming up now. Hopefully the press grill him on it
    I'm getting to that point. If we go into another season without a striker, I'll probably switch off.