User Tag List

Page 77 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    It’s gross mismanagement by the club in general that Wenger was given carte Blanche to make such decisions

Although it could be argued that this was the contributory factor in bringing in Mislintat and Sanllehli

Positive PR aside they knew what a monumental fuck up last summer was. As the le grove podcast states, it will be interesting to see what happens when invariably Wenger comes into conflict with these guys.

My view is that Wenger is so desperate not to go, that like with their appointment in the first place he will begrudgingly accept their recommendations and try and claim that anything they do was his idea

I don’t think he will be allowed to sideline them like he did with Forsythe and Jonker
    Yeah I agree Herb, what you say makes sense and I truly hope that Mislintat and Sanllehli really challenge Wenger if things become sticky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s gross mismanagement by the club in general that Wenger was given carte Blanche to make such decisions

Although it could be argued that this was the contributory factor in bringing in Mislintat and Sanllehli

Positive PR aside they knew what a monumental fuck up last summer was. As the le grove podcast states, it will be interesting to see what happens when invariably Wenger comes into conflict with these guys.

My view is that Wenger is so desperate not to go, that like with their appointment in the first place he will begrudgingly accept their recommendations and try and claim that anything they do was his idea

I don’t think he will be allowed to sideline them like he did with Forsythe and Jonker
    I told you to watch what happens with Gazidis and his appointments this year.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I told you to watch what happens with Gazidis and his appointments this year.
    And I will, he’s made the appointments. Despite my optimism it remains to be seen whether those two can and will assert their authority in the summer.

That’s not me saying they won’t, my previous comment I uphold that I am hopeful that they will

I still think Gazidis is a bit of a pillock on the whole. But if it does transpire that he has been at least moderately successful in wrestling control from Wenger than he has at least shown capability of doing what he gets paid to do.

I think I agreed with you last season that he was our best hope of change (which was why I wasn’t optimistic) but as much as he was completely made to look like a chump by Wenger last year, fair play if he’s stuck to his guns and carried on chizzling away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I will, he’s made the appointments. Despite my optimism it remains to be seen whether those two can and will assert their authority in the summer.

That’s not me saying they won’t, my previous comment I uphold that I am hopeful that they will

I still think Gazidis is a bit of a pillock on the whole. But if it does transpire that he has been at least moderately successful in wrestling control from Wenger than he has at least shown capability of doing what he gets paid to do.

I think I agreed with you last season that he was our best hope of change (which was why I wasn’t optimistic) but as much as he was completely made to look like a chump by Wenger last year, fair play if he’s stuck to his guns and carried on chizzling away.
    You were saying he was incompetent and should have quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Some reports saying Wilshere may need to take a pay cut in his basic salary to stay at Arsenal, they want to make more of it bonus based, makes sense really, he's such a crock you'd be mad not to do that.
    A big basic pay cut apparently, with the shortfall made up by appearance bonuses. People work best when their situation is secure, so this might make financial sense but it's still a terrible idea. Either commit to the player or sell him. If he's having to play with avoiding injury at the back of his mind all the time, because it will threaten his earnings, we'll end up losing in the long run because we'll have still paid quite a lot for a sub-par player. Why should somebody like Welbeck get security when he's injured half the time too? And Ramsey spends big chunks of every season on the sidelines. Kos has become more injury prone. And as for Ozil, he's been injured about 50 times already this season. What about Santi, is he on a performance related package?

Jack has been a bit of a berk up to this point, stupid on the pitch and twice as stupid off it. But he's fought back from injury and he seems to be keeping himself out of the papers, he's one of the few players who has achieved a half respectable level of performance and he's committed to the club and wants to stay. Not sure why he's being singled out when so many other deliver so much less.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Give him a proper contract or get rid.

Does anyone have high hopes for him any more?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    A big basic pay cut apparently, with the shortfall made up by appearance bonuses. People work best when their situation is secure, so this might make financial sense but it's still a terrible idea. Either commit to the player or sell him. If he's having to play with avoiding injury at the back of his mind all the time, because it will threaten his earnings, we'll end up losing in the long run because we'll have still paid quite a lot for a sub-par player. Why should somebody like Welbeck get security when he's injured half the time too? And Ramsey spends big chunks of every season on the sidelines. Kos has become more injury prone. And as for Ozil, he's been injured about 50 times already this season. What about Santi, is he on a performance related package?

Jack has been a bit of a berk up to this point, stupid on the pitch and twice as stupid off it. But he's fought back from injury and he seems to be keeping himself out of the papers, he's one of the few players who has achieved a half respectable level of performance and he's committed to the club and wants to stay. Not sure why he's being singled out when so many other deliver so much less.
    I despise the fact that Danny Welbeck has leap frogged a log of our players in the pecking order without deserving it. Injury prone with no end product. I sympathise with Jack because he was doing well for and his injury record is partially down to the Arsenal medical staff. They misdiagnosed his injury when coming back from internationals and fucked him up further. After recovering from surgery, instead of easing him back in, he was rushed back and fucked over again with another long layoff.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    You were saying he was incompetent and should have quit.
    Yes I know, and I meant it at the time. However back in April I also said he represented the best chance we had for change simply because he’d been the only one who had come out to acknowledge that things weren’t right....but as I said at the time Gazidis has a habit of saying whatever best suits him at the time. I think his goal was rather than get rid of Wenger to impose controls on him and he failed totally in doing so, and staying on seemed to show more than he was more interested in his wage than having a shred of self respect

Bringing in the chief scout from Borussia Dortmund and the guy from Barcelona appears on the surface to be good moves. This tallies with insider knowledge that they are part of a strategy to chizzle away at Wengers power base. And if that proves to be the case (and it’s likely we won’t know for sure until the summer) than I have to say as I did in the previous message fair play to him.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 10-01-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I despise the fact that Danny Welbeck has leap frogged a log of our players in the pecking order without deserving it. Injury prone with no end product. I sympathise with Jack because he was doing well for and his injury record is partially down to the Arsenal medical staff. They misdiagnosed his injury when coming back from internationals and fucked him up further. After recovering from surgery, instead of easing him back in, he was rushed back and fucked over again with another long layoff.
    Welbeck is an infuriating player in terms of his finishing but playing wide he’s one of the few attacking players that offers pace and threat. Sanchez as good as he can be often cuts inside, and whilst I would agree he wouldn’t get a look in at other clubs with more ambition....we are limited with options. And Jack is a central midfielder which we seem to collect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I know, and I meant it at the time. However back in April I also said he represented the best chance we had for change simply because he’d been the only one who had come out to acknowledge that things weren’t right....but as I said at the time Gazidis has a habit of saying whatever best suits him at the time. I think his goal was rather than get rid of Wenger to impose controls on him and he failed totally in doing so, and staying on seemed to show more than he was more interested in his wage than having a shred of self respect

Bringing in the chief scout from Borussia Dortmund and the guy from Barcelona appears on the surface to be good moves. This tallies with insider knowledge that they are part of a strategy to chizzle away at Wengers power base. And if that proves to be the case (and it’s likely we won’t know for sure until the summer) than I have to say as I did in the previous message fair play to him.
    IMO, Gazidis is probably the only one at the top of the club who has some sort of vision for us to move on from this Wenger-induced coma.

Though whether Wenker will allow the changes in infrastructure to efficiently work remains to be seen.