User Tag List

Page 889 of 1391 FirstFirst ... 3897898398798878888898908918999399891389 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,890 of 13902

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That's not how you judge a big trophy. It's judged by whether you enjoy winning it or not. If you just hate winning the FA Cup final and state clearly how much you hate it, then it's a small, insignificant trophy. But if you get to the final, win it and get all excited about it, that makes it a huge trophy on par with the CL - bigger if you cream your pants on the day.
    You were doing quite well then before you descended into your usual nonsense.

But yes, actually, how the fans feel about a trophy win is relevant. If we won the Milk Cup I'd think "good" but I wouldn't be gloating about it at work on Monday or buying commemorative T-shirts. Not that I really did that when we won the FA Cup but it gave us all a warm fuzzy feeling -including you and Zim even though you're now pretending you don't care about it. It shouldn't be the limit of our ambitions but it still put a smile on my face when we beat Chelsea. Should that be the limit of our ambitions? No. Did I see the season as a roaring success when we won it? Not really. But it put a silver lining on it in a way the milk cup win would not have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    We had the opportunity over a number of years to try and get change but people just sat on their arses and told others to f off and support spurs.
    Did we have that opportunity? What do you think people should have done?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Faked their own deaths?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were doing quite well then before you descended into your usual nonsense.

But yes, actually, how the fans feel about a trophy win is relevant. If we won the Milk Cup I'd think "good" but I wouldn't be gloating about it at work on Monday or buying commemorative T-shirts. Not that I really did that when we won the FA Cup but it gave us all a warm fuzzy feeling -including you and Zim even though you're now pretending you don't care about it. It shouldn't be the limit of our ambitions but it still put a smile on my face when we beat Chelsea. Should that be the limit of our ambitions? No. Did I see the season as a roaring success when we won it? Not really. But it put a silver lining on it in a way the milk cup win would not have.
    Fans happy when we win against a decent side shocker!

Are you surprised that people were happy when we won the FA Cup, I'd be happy if we won the League cup because it's nice to get to a final and win, it always is, however it's just a nice day out nothing more, it's not a serious competition in it's own right like it use to be, it's just a nice thing to win.

The serious stuff is the PL and the CL (the CL being the big one), that's what I think people see as a trophy, the FA Cup as a standalone trophy is fantastic if you're Portsmouth or Wigan, but for a top club and FA cup win alone doesn't represent a great season.

The fact we've won the FA Cup 3 times in 4 years speaks volumes about the competition now, even when we were a great side we couldn't win it that much and we were a million times better than we are now, which tells you top clubs no longer take it as seriously, we're nothing special as a side so if it was anything amazing we'd have to be a top top side to win it 3 times out of 4 years if the other top teams took it that seriously.

It's 2nd tier, the icing on the cake if you've won something else, but as a standalone success it's scant consolation for missing out on the big prizes and worse still not really challenging for them,

I'd rather we progressed in the CL and showed we were capable of threatening the top sides than we won the FA Cup, at least then everything wouldn't be as predictable and we coul have some hope we might one day win something of note.
    Last edited by Özim; 27-10-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

The fact we've won the FA Cup 3 times in 4 years speaks volumes about the competition now, even when we were a great side we couldn't win it that much and we were a million times better than we are now.
    Jesus Zim.

2002, 2003 and 2005.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

98 too.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Jesus Zim.

2002, 2003 and 2005.
    It was so long ago I've forgotten (should have checked before I posted that)

Can barely remember the good times nowadays as it seems like such a long time ago as well, in those days I actually cared about or matches.

2005 was the beginning of the end as it turned out, but anyway the point is when we won it then we were something special, nowadays we're mediocre and yet winning it most of the time, if it was anything like it was before Chelsea and Man City would be winning it all the time.
    Last edited by Özim; 27-10-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    AGM was an example of how much the Board couldn't give a fuck about the average Arsenal fan.
    Our fan base let them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joined protests instead of laughed, been more vocal, supported banners, boycotted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Fans happy when we win against a decent side shocker!

Are you surprised that people were happy when we won the FA Cup, I'd be happy if we won the League cup because it's nice to get to a final and win, it always is, however it's just a nice day out nothing more, it's not a serious competition in it's own right like it use to be, it's just a nice thing to win.

The serious stuff is the PL and the CL (the CL being the big one), that's what I think people see as a trophy, the FA Cup as a standalone trophy is fantastic if you're Portsmouth or Wigan, but for a top club and FA cup win alone doesn't represent a great season.

The fact we've won the FA Cup 3 times in 4 years speaks volumes about the competition now, even when we were a great side we couldn't win it that much and we were a million times better than we are now, which tells you top clubs no longer take it as seriously, we're nothing special as a side so if it was anything amazing we'd have to be a top top side to win it 3 times out of 4 years if the other top teams took it that seriously.

It's 2nd tier, the icing on the cake if you've won something else, but as a standalone success it's scant consolation for missing out on the big prizes and worse still not really challenging for them,

I'd rather we progressed in the CL and showed we were capable of threatening the top sides than we won the FA Cup, at least then everything wouldn't be as predictable and we coul have some hope we might one day win something of note.
    Looking back now honestly I would swap the FA cups if it meant Wenger had left after Hull.