User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ignathio "Nacho" Monreal Eraso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has looked a bit lightweight there.

Not really been terrible though, except for the costly shocker he had against the scum.

Here's to hoping he'll fully acclimatise and step it up a few bars next season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't he been terrorised by villa and QPR players?

Weimann and Townsend in fact.

Fortunately we won both games so Monreal being awful wasn't highlighted but it hasn't gone unnoticed.

I'd gladly swap him for Baines tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Hasn't he been terrorised by villa and QPR players?

Weimann and Townsend in fact.

Fortunately we won both games so Monreal being awful wasn't highlighted but it hasn't gone unnoticed.

I'd gladly swap him for Baines tbh
    Agree Baines would be an improvement, but everyone will have their off games and tbf, Weimann can be a handful on his day.

As for Townsend, he is a pub teamer whom Nacho probably should have handled better.

Brings me back to my sentiment though, where im hoping he'll acclimatise and step it up next season. This as, i dont see Wenger looking to add anyone there in the short term.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets hope so.

With Gibbs injured next season, Monreal needs to step up

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal hit by Monreal injury blow

The left-back has injured his back while on holiday and Arsene Wenger now expects him to miss the start of the new Premier League season, along with Thomas Vermaelen.

Arsenal left-back Nacho Monreal has been added to the club's lengthy injury list after hurting his back while on holiday. The 27-year-old was given an extended break after playing a part in Spain's Confederations Cup campaign, which has seen the defender miss the Gunners' pre-season tour of Japan. But during that time off, Monreal has damaged his back and, although Arsene Wenger does not know what caused the injury, he now expects the former Malaga man to miss the start of the Premier League season. "Honestly I don't really know," Wenger said of Monreal's injury. "[Laurent Koscielny] got an injection and it looks like he won't be able to start the season. "That is why, of course, we lost one left-back and that is the position where we are a bit exposed at the moment. [Thomas] Vermaelen can play there but he is injured, Monreal can play there, but he is injured, so we only have Kieran, at the moment, who can play there." Arsenal's defence could be very undermanned for the start of the 2013-14 Premier League season, with goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny also struggling with a lower back problem. Vermaelen is expected to miss the next three months with his own back troubles, while Koscielny has injured his ankle.

It's a joke. Get Baines in ASAP and put Monreal on the scrap heap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post

It's a joke. Get Baines in ASAP and put Monreal on the scrap heap.
    We have Gibbs who can play there so we're covered for at least 5 minutes.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Gibbs who can play there. He'll probably touch the ball and break his leg in the 1st game sadly.