Never interrupt a man when he`s in the middle of a rant
    Which bit is upsetting your world view?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Worst country hit in Europe. Why would it mention China?
    In that particular propaganda piece, no reason. But by comparison, the Chinese data is simply accepted at face value and the same has been true for weeks. No special, extrapolated reports required for them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    In that particular propaganda piece, no reason. But by comparison, the Chinese data is simply accepted at face value and the same has been true for weeks. No special, extrapolated reports required for them.
    As someone just said:

By looking at the numbers, such as they are. That's all we have to work with right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    USA 39 deaths per 1m Pop.
    I see.
    But you understand that number is going to change? With 400,000 cases still active a LOT more people are going to die over there.
    I'd say a better measure of how they're doing right now is whether the number of cases and deaths are continuing to climb or whether their measures have "flattened the curve". No indication of them managing to do that so far.

Right now though we are looking at the game after 15 minutes when Arsenal have gone 2-0 up. We both know that a lot can change.
    When this is over we can start looking at which countries did well. Right now though it doesn't look like they are getting a grip on this or containing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which bit is upsetting your world view?
    My world view is clear. You hate Chinese but dont say why
    That would be the Chinese who were invaded and conquered for more than a century by the US and UK, exploited an humiliated and made 2nd class citizens in their own country. Now they have woken up and become better at capitalism than the owners of capitalism you blame them. Not the Thatcherists/Reaganites who wholescale exported all western manufacturing to the east.
    The reason why wages are lower in China are legion but it would also be feasible in the US and UK IF the governments there reduced the costs of living. Build public housing, stop taxing fuel 80p on the pound. Make education free and health.
    Ironically the Scandinavians and Italians who conquered the British Isles for centuries you dont hate on them. In your times of lucidity you should re-examine your world view. People like you blame slaves for slavery and fish for lean oceans.

Germany produces lots of manufactured stuff, why?. Most large corporations are 50% owned by the workers. they have a seat on the board equal to this equity. They will not export their own jobs. Then again you probably hate the Germans too.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 08-04-2020 at 11:58 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I see.
    But you understand that number is going to change? With 400,000 cases still active a LOT more people are going to die over there.
    I'd say a better measure of how they're doing right now is whether the number of cases and deaths are continuing to climb or whether their measures have "flattened the curve". No indication of them managing to do that so far.

Right now though we are looking at the game after 15 minutes when Arsenal have gone 2-0 up. We both know that a lot can change.
    When this is over we can start looking at which countries did well. Right now though it doesn't look like they are getting a grip on this or containing it.
    I do understand that. I've seen them changing on a daily basis so I figured that might continue to happen. Which is why I stated in my post the figures would change, and they might not be comparable due to many factors, and the Italian mortality rate could be inflated and so on.

It does seem quite pointless qualifying anything with some people. You take the trouble to do it. They ignore it. Then they come back and tell you, maybe with a tinge of ridicule attached, almost word for word what you told them.

Well okay. Thanks for letting me know. Appreciate it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do understand that. I've seen them changing on a daily basis so I figured that might continue to happen. Which is why I stated in my post the figures would change, and they might not be comparable due to many factors, and the Italian mortality rate could be inflated and so on.
    And yet you use the number as the basis for your assertion that the US have dealt with this well.
    Which is strange when they have a huge amount of cases most of which are "active" and those numbers continue to grow.
    I see death rates as a better metric because the testing regimes have been so different in different countries, by that metric they are doing OK so far if you look at the "per million" value. But, again, that number is going to change and the rate of deaths has continued to rise daily.
    If they're not getting that under control, and so far it doesn't look like they are, then they are not "doing well".
    Obviously I'll judge them at the end of the flu season though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    My world view is clear. You hate Chinese but dont say why
    That would be the Chinese who were invaded and conquered for more than a century by the US and UK, exploited an humiliated and made 2nd class citizens in their own country. Now they have woken up and become better at capitalism than the owners of capitalism you blame them. Not the Thatcherists/Reaganites who wholescale exported all western manufacturing to the east.
    The reason why wages are lower in China are legion but it would also be feasible in the US and UK IF the governments there reduced the costs of living. Build public housing, stop taxing fuel 80p on the pound. Make education free and health.
    Ironically the Scandinavians and Italians who conquered the British Isles for centuries you dont hate on them. In your times of lucidity you should re-examine your world view. People like you blame slaves for slavery and fish for lean oceans.
    I don't hate Chinese and I've never said that.

I correctly view the Chinese communist party to be a significant threat to the stability of the world, for many reasons not just this latest pandemic. And they aren't capitalists by any measure. Every single corporation in China, including the foreign ones, have CCP members sitting on the boards and can be instructed, at any time, to follow directives from the party. This is communism. In fact several such corporations were re-tasked with stockpiling global medical supplies when the disease first broke out.

I also commented on the hidden costs of trading with China and the major winners and losers.

I honestly think the left has lost it beyond recovery. I'm the one talking about shitty corporations and how they screw the working man. The left doesn't bother with that any more. It's just UK bad, Europe good, Orange Man bad! Even in the middle of a pandemic, pro Chinese bullshit and endless anti-western crap.

Yesterday the loons were screaming out headlines about Trump pushing hydroxychloroquine treatments because he has a financial interest and stands to make a profit. The New York Times no less. The newspaper of record in a city crushed by a Chinese virus. Orange Man Bad! It's pathetic. But they won't report on Indian doctors already using this medication widely. Why not, I wonder? Most likely it goes back to exactly what the lefties claim to be bothered by, profiteering by global corporations. They don't want a cheap, patent free drug to be of any use because there's nothing in that for them. So they discredit it despite the fact it might actually be useful in saving lives. Are the left digging into this? Finding a real bone they can chew on to expose these corporations? Not a bit of it. They are running fake news instead.

So where's the rant? Who am I calling out? Communist regimes. Vile corporations that trade and human misery. The lying media hacks that whore for them.

But sure, I'll add the Romans to the list if that makes it better.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    And yet you use the number as the basis for your assertion that the US have dealt with this well.
    Which is strange when they have a huge amount of cases most of which are "active" and those numbers continue to grow.
    I see death rates as a better metric because the testing regimes have been so different in different countries, by that metric they are doing OK so far if you look at the "per million" value. But, again, that number is going to change and the rate of deaths has continued to rise daily.
    If they're not getting that under control, and so far it doesn't look like they are, then they are not "doing well".
    Obviously I'll judge them at the end of the flu season though...
    Absolutely pointless.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In their efforts to smear Trump, the BBC inadvertently gives away a lot of information in this article. Read it carefully.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-52180660

I also saw a US doctor casually mention he (along with other colleagues) had been using the drug, in combination with an antibiotic (which the WHO claimed is useless - ON ITS OWN, see how they do that?) as prophylaxis. In advance of receiving and COVID19 patients. The drug is already in use in India. Trump wants it, but the medical authorities and big pharma don't. It's a rock and a hard place on who to trust. Would be interesting to know who is advising Trump behind the scenes, discounting the Gate Foundation stooges he takes to the podium with daily. But it's always safe to say the pharmaceuticals industry has one agenda and one agenda alone.
    Für eure Sicherheit