Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thierry Henry retires from football

Absolute legend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The man left us with a lifetime of memories, audacities, stunts and titles. Im happy to be able to say I say saw in my lifetime;Maradona, Ronaldo (real one), Messi, Ronaldo (irritating but special one) and Thierry Henry play.

Now lets have him back at the club. Bringing Akpom, Aneke and Sanogo along.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    End of an era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's joining Sky Sports
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Titi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Genuine (not marketing) legend, footballer from another planet.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    When he left in 2007 I have to admit from my point of view it was under a cloud, he tried at the time to claim his departure to Barcelona was precipitated by David Dein leaving. I think he could have just admitted he wanted to play for the biggest club in the world and have a chance to win the European Cup (the only trophy he hadnt won as a player) and no one would have begrudged him.
    However that's long since forgotten, he is arguably the greatest player to have ever worn the Arsenal shirt, his pace, his ability to score all kinds of goals....totally unique and irreplaceable.
    My favourite goal of his was his curler against Man City in 2004, for most players it would have been a non goal scoring position but unlike the great goal against United you expected him to find the net.
    My favourite goal of his which I was there to see was against Liverpool in the FA cup at Anfield where he mugged Jamie Carragher near the corner flag sauntered over to the goal and slotted in
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 16-12-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    When he left in 2007 I have to admit from my point of view it was under a cloud, he tried at the time to claim his departure to Barcelona was precipitated by David Dein leaving. I think he could have just admitted he wanted to play for the biggest club in the world and have a chance to win the European Cup (the only trophy he hadnt won as a player) and no one would have begrudged him.
    However that's long since forgotten, he is arguably the greatest player to have ever worn the Arsenal shirt, his pace, his ability to score all kinds of goals....totally unique and irreplaceable.
    My favourite goal of his was his curler against Man City in 2004, for most players it would have been a non goal scoring position but unlike the great goal against United you expected him to find the net.
    My favourite goal of his which I was there to see was against Liverpool in the FA cup at Anfield where he mugged Jamie Carragher near the corner flag sauntered over to the goal and slotted in
    I remember that one. Carragher had like a 5 yard head start and he overtook him and collected the ball. Henry left us a lot of memories.

Can anyone imagine what a front pairing of Henry and Wright would have been like......50 goals a season paring. Mindblowing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the guy. (Plenty of homo)

So many amazing goals and memories, my teenage years wouldn't have been the same without being privelged enough to watch him.

A genuine candidate for best player in the world during his time with us, we won't ever have better.