Thread: Wenger won't change philosophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wenger won't change philosophy

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...032601,00.html

This seriously worries me.

Despite saying before that he was going to strengthen defensively he has now gone back on it!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need improvements everywhere. Not just in defence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a load of nonsense he talks, I wouldnt know where to start picking holes in what's he said

Does he ever stop making himself look like incompetent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bignev View Post
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...032601,00.html

This seriously worries me.

Despite saying before that he was going to strengthen defensively he has now gone back on it!
    he said nothing in that article about not buying defensively.

try reading the thing first

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post

Does Wenger literally have to say something then for you to believe it?

Does him saying ""We are an offensive football team and want to be better in our offensive game than we have been, to continue to develop it and be stronger in what we want to do." not mean the same as he is going to do f all about the defence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprise, surprise. He might not sign anyone else. Maybe one more player but he's not buying a defender. I saw this one on the cards. People will say he's bluffing but considering how long it's taken us to sign Gervinho, I don't think we have the time to sign many more players.

It's not as if he hasn't done this before and backed out of signing players. He's done it twice already during the Jan window when we had players out injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We are very close. The season did not finish in a good way for us, but that should strengthen the resolve of the players and the staff to come back and say we know we can do it and that this season we will."

I swear -- this man is a big wan*ker.

This is what he has been saying the past 5 seasons! And slowly, as I predicted, he is reformulating his talking points as usual to suggest that there is not much wrong with the team and the team is good enough. He has already trotted out the "if we find one or two players of exceptional quality (better than what we've got) we'll add them" line.

I dispair.
    ‘Arsene was very cautious and David was very ambitious for the club,’ said former director Keith Edelman, managing director at the time. ‘He was very good at getting Arsene into a position where he was comfortable spending money.’

The board have said if wenger identifies a player he really wants and he needs the money it's there. Wenger doesn't think it's worth it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Does Wenger literally have to say something then for you to believe it?

Does him saying ""We are an offensive football team and want to be better in our offensive game than we have been, to continue to develop it and be stronger in what we want to do." not mean the same as he is going to do f all about the defence?
    Even if he said it, some would say he's bluffing to throw others off the trail even though he's never done that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Even if he said it, some would say he's bluffing to throw others off the trail even though he's never done that.
    Wengers smokescreen

They do exist. He just doesnt use them against other clubs but for his own fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post

He might as well have done. What he's basically saying in that article is that there is nothing wrong with the way we play and that we need to improve offensively. He's essentially saying everybody is wrong for stating Arsenal have defensive problems.