User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winning the league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winning the league

I think we will do it this year. We seem to be having a bit of luck on our side... penalty against Southampton or Leicester cant remember which, draw against United when we didn't play well, draw against Spuds when again we didn't play well.

Also against Sunderland and United we showed that we do have a bit of fight in the belly and don't give up attitude. Giroud on the bench does provide something different as well, Walcott is playing like a footballer again. Sanchez and Ozil are the business. So I do think we will do it this year.... or at least get past the first knock out round in the CL.

Then Wenger will sign a new contract and all will be rosy in the garden of Arsenal, Brexit will be reversed and a recount shows Trump lost.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Brexit will be reversed and a recount shows Trump lost.
    And the blind will see, and the lame will walk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rooney had his rating slashed in FIFA17 so anything is possible. He's down from 101 to 100.99.

Yes, I think we will win the league too. I can't think of several longstanding reasons that have not been addressed why we wouldn't.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we have seen anything new this season really that suggests we are better equipped to win it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quadruple is on bitches!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don't think we have seen anything new this season really that suggests we are better equipped to win it.
    Nothing either that suggests we definitely won't, the proof will ultimately be the two league fixtures in and around the period where the Champions League resumes AKA - The time in the season where it usually goes tits up for us.

We have Southampton and Liverpool away, Southampton we have lost on the last two visits to St Mary's and Anfield we have conceded an equaliser in injury time both times. If we are in a situation where we are challenging for the title and we overcome those two potential minefields, than that would suggest to me that things might be different this time around.

Of course this is also dependent on getting through the December fixtures against West Ham, Everton and Manchester City relatively unscathed.

If we are still in the title race after we visit the Hawthorns on the 18th March, i'd say we have a shot at the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's it really, I'm not thinking about the title until the spring. We know how our form can dramatically fall off a cliff and we've been burned one too many times with that, as long as we are in the mix then great, lets see what we can do in the period where we always mentally lose the plot when winning the league becomes a genuine prospect.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yeah this. Same shit another year.

We go on amazing runs which gives us the faint "what if's" but usually when the going gets tough, we bottle it regardless of personal. A staple quality of Wenger teams. Heck even the Invincible tean bottled a few games (FA Cup finals, Chelsea CL) and we nearly threw away the league in the unbeaten season against Liverpool but thankfully Henry went into beast mode that match.

Until things change, just enjoy the good points and meh at the bad stuff tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Chelsea game is the only time we went above and beyond what was expected of us. We've beaten most of the teams you'd expect us to and also dropped the majority of our points in the games against the better teams in the league.

Everything is par for the course really. Hard to assess what state we'll be in come the business end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is on course for the announcement of Wenger`s new 3 year deal.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day