User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We have moaned lots over the last few years.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have moaned lots over the last few years.....

But is this actually the worst it has been?

I have always had hope, players coming back, talent coming through etc etc. At this point in time, I have no idea what way the team will go, I cant see any hope at all. The club needs serious change now, more than just new players, although that would help. The whole club top to bottom needs sorting out. I cant see this team getting 4th, but that will probably prompt change.
    So fed up of this crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    But is this actually the worst it has been?

I have always had hope, players coming back, talent coming through etc etc. At this point in time, I have no idea what way the team will go, I cant see any hope at all. The club needs serious change now, more than just new players, although that would help. The whole club top to bottom needs sorting out. I cant see this team getting 4th, but that will probably prompt change.
    So fed up of this crap.
    its the worst it has been under wenger without question and he has been teetering on the edge of this for quite a while. i do not see a way out of this until he is asked to leave.

the big problem could well be that he is asked to move upstairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    the big problem could well be that he is asked to move upstairs.
    Well he is more or less a board member anyway. Just waiting to be made official. Surely if a new manager comes in he gets control of the team regardless of Wenger being there or not?
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier's xmas twist View Post
    Well he is more or less a board member anyway. Just waiting to be made official. Surely if a new manager comes in he gets control of the team regardless of Wenger being there or not?
    yeah but its like the fergie situation. the new man would not be able to avoid the ongoing glare of his predecessor every day at work. i just can't see that working out well tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    yeah but its like the fergie situation. the new man would not be able to avoid the ongoing glare of his predecessor every day at work. i just can't see that working out well tbh.
    True, listend to the Fergie/Jose debate on TS. Jason Cundy, saying he could see a Fergie upstairs guiding moyes down stairs working.

I agree with us it won't work.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels different this time because our problems used to be linked to a lack of bottle when we got to within a sniff of potentially achieving something, now it's down to the lack of quality and without quality we can't even get into a position where we have something to bottle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no point leaving the house for the bottle bank then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy GHELmas View Post
    It feels different this time because our problems used to be linked to a lack of bottle when we got to within a sniff of potentially achieving something, now it's down to the lack of quality and without quality we can't even get into a position where we have something to bottle.

Our football used to be amazing to watch. And not just in the invincible days but early project youth. Now from the manager to the players when it goes wrong no one seems to know what to do.

Lack of quality is showing big time. No team is worried about playing us any more.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who would have guessed it.

continually sell your best players and you get worse. it's not like the squad is going to magically improve is it.

we got shanked by barca for a low price on cesc, we sold the best striker in the world for a measly £12m up front fee, and we let our most creative midfielder last season go replacing him with a crock. and the manager wonders why we've gone downhill.

£7m a year.

7 million pounds a fucking year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy GHELmas View Post
    You mean we can't be the world's best bottlers anymore, seriously?