User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: is there a scenario for wenger to stay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there a scenario for wenger to stay?

lets face the fact that we wont get a new manager till next summer at the earliest. is there a way you would like wenger to stay, or rather feel he deserves to stay based on what he does from now to end of season.

if he won the COC and thats it, should he stay or go?

if he won the cup double would that be good enough?

if he won the champions league?

if we put up a dam good fight from now to the end and lose in finals to the better team?

or is this it, he can go no further with us no matter what he does? these are scenarios, so lets not argue about wehter they can happen etc, just interested to see whether something would make you consider him staying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me. It isn't about silverware at all. It's purely about the decisions we make as a club, Wengers part in those decision, and now more than ever, his inability to focus and drill a team of half decent players to beat Norwich.

I would perhaps get back on his side again if he showed willing to rectify his disgustingly basic errors. Make the board a footballing ultimatum, and spend what he has to imrpove the side.

But he won't. He's too stubborn. His priority isn't toward the fans, who ARE the club. His priority is toward the owner of bricks and motar, to his prima donna crew of overpaid pussy's, and to his failed method of playing football.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have asked similar questions in previous seasons.

I don't mean this in a bad way towards you, but I'm done answering this question - Wenger has become what he has become. He is not going to change so neither will the ethos and performance of the team. We will just see the same results and frustrations, and I'm sick of that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very difficult to make a case for him now. If we did somehow miraculously win the CL then it would of course be stupid to fire him, but that's not going to happen so it's a moo point.

He's not the clueless idiot some of the WUMs on here make out but he is a stubborn fool who is increasingly unable or unwilling to compete at the highest level. I applauded his attempts to win things the 'right' way and he was that close to succeeding. The last 7 years have not been the abject failure the WUMs make out. But some pragmatism is needed now. We can't throw money around like City do but we have the money to compete a lot better than we are right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    End of the day, everyone has the time to do things. For me Wenger has done alot for this club, but i feel his part is up. Time for someone else to start their chapter etc. As much as i think its time for change, does not mean i will insult him willy nilly.

Sometimes you have to say thanks for evrything but its time to move on. Id say he is still a good manager, just not what we need anymore. I think he needs a change, somewhere maybe he can get that motivation back.

If he were to stay here then he'd need to slap the board down to size and back the fans or hope the board sell and he gets an owner that will push him. This won't happen anytime soon though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    You have asked similar questions in previous seasons.

I don't mean this in a bad way towards you, but I'm done answering this question - Wenger has become what he has become. He is not going to change so neither will the ethos and performance of the team. We will just see the same results and frustrations, and I'm sick of that.
    yeah i know i seem to ask it every season and im sorry if that annoys people, just feel its question that never changes the answer does or at least from some people.

i agree wit LDG, if wenger can cut the crap out and give us a team that fights, doesnt make mistakes and actually tries to win, even if they dont, then thats all i want. 11 carl jenkinsons giving everything they have in every game for Arsenal means more to me then any trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    however i do think its time for him to go, gutted its ended this way, but honoured to have had him as manager

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    End of the day, everyone has the time to do things. For me Wenger has done alot for this club, but i feel his part is up. Time for someone else to start their chapter etc. As much as i think its time for change, does not mean i will insult him willy nilly.

Sometimes you have to say thanks for evrything but its time to move on. Id say he is still a good manager, just not what we need anymore. I think he needs a change, somewhere maybe he can get that motivation back.

If he were to stay here then he'd need to slap the board down to size and back the fans or hope the board sell and he gets an owner that will push him. This won't happen anytime soon though.
    Agree with all that. Unfortunately I don't think Wenger going will be the end of our problems as IMO the board are far from blameless in all this and while they're still around I think it'll be a bumpy ride when Wenger goes. It might lead us to a better place long term though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger has traded in his goodwill and then some. He backed the board over the fans and the two are mutually exclusive which leaves no room for Wenger. By Wenger I mean any manager who backs our board. So to solve this seemingly impossible situation the board has to go as well. I prefer violence as the means to remove them but accept I may still be in a slight minority. Good luck to anyone trying to talk them into submission.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    yeah i know i seem to ask it every season and im sorry if that annoys people, just feel its question that never changes the answer does or at least from some people.

i agree wit LDG, if wenger can cut the crap out and give us a team that fights, doesnt make mistakes and actually tries to win, even if they dont, then thats all i want. 11 carl jenkinsons giving everything they have in every game for Arsenal means more to me then any trophy
    It aint you annoying people, it is Wenger and the Board.

I applaud the loyalty you have shown, and if you have come round to the idea that the end of the road has been reached, it really is terminal.