User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are AW & the board out of touch with the fans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He's counter-balanced that with the financial doping and "sensible" spending line as well, "sensible" being not enough to get in the room, as we know. Isn't this the same trick pulled every year? Make bold statements about signing players and then shrug when the £2.50 offer is rejected? I'm surprised Wenger doesn't starve to death, I can see him going around Tesco with a trolley and complaining at every price tag, trying to get more money off in the reduced section until the store manager loses patience and throws him out.
    He shops at Waitrose Whetstone and occaisionally eats at The Rotisserie. Not that I stalk him.

http://www.london-eating.co.uk/6674.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    He shops at Waitrose Whetstone and occaisionally eats at The Rotisserie. Not that I stalk him.

http://www.london-eating.co.uk/6674.htm
    Only because he got thrown out of Tesco, Morrisons, Walmart and initially Aldi. Apparently Poundstretcher have his mugshot in all their stores in case he tries to come back again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course they're out of touch.

We lost The Arsenal as soon as we moved stadia. Replaced with "Arsenalisation" and Americanisation.

The soul has gone from the club. The fans are the only thing that link our history with this current set of cunts; Players, manager and board alike. We're a brand in all senses of the word. Right down to the football on the pitch.

"Play attractive football" get the fans in, make the money, job done. Sorry you cunts, but it's backfired like a sunday morning turd.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Of course they're out of touch.

We lost The Arsenal as soon as we moved stadia. Replaced with "Arsenalisation" and Americanisation.

The soul has gone from the club. The fans are the only thing that link our history with this current set of cunts; Players, manager and board alike. We're a brand in all senses of the word. Right down to the football on the pitch.

"Play attractive football" get the fans in, make the money, job done. Sorry you cunts, but it's backfired like a sunday morning turd.
    Whilst I mostly agree, I don't think this is a problem which is unique at Arsenal.
    Football isn't a sport any more, it's a business, and Arsenal are run like any business is run, to maximise income.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Whilst I mostly agree, I don't think this is a problem which is unique at Arsenal.
    Football isn't a sport any more, it's a business, and Arsenal are run like any business is run, to maximise income.
    Maybe but I think the other big clubs at least try and deliver in some form, whether it be by winning trophies or by spending money to try and win trophies.

Arsenal fans get none of that, we get cheap nobodies, sky high ticket prices and ridiculed if we dare to question anything.

Some of the comments that have been made have been plain out of order, but they seem to think they can get away with it...you wouldn't hear other big companies ridiculing clients.

If we are a business, then what is it they say...."the customer is always right".
    Last edited by Özim; 25-05-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Correct. I think that the real problem at Arsenal, however, is that an obvious arrogance has developed at manager/Chairman level which is unusual (bar the odd Freddie Shepherd). There is a clear mentality that all Gooners (or at least those who, having been patient for a long time, are starting to question what is going on) are small-minded and short-sighted idiots.

2 reasons for this, IMO. At board level there is a failure to comprehend how, having been given a new stadium and CL football, the fans can be anything but deleriously happy.

And at managerial level its part and parcel of the fact that AW, since DD's departure appears to be able to brook no questioning whatsoever of his methods. If that's true at board /executive level, its really not difficult to imagine that he genuinely looks down on the fans.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i have been saying fro about 10 years now, dont pay any attention to what Wenger or the board say, its PR advised, over egged hype for the fans.

The real thing to do is wonder not what Arsene is saying but why he is saying it. You can also do the same with Fergie, Moronio and all the otehr top managers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Maybe but I think the other big clubs at least try and deliver in some form, whether it be by winning trophies or by spending money to try and win trophies.

Arsenal fans get none of that, we get cheap nobodies, sky high ticket prices and ridiculed if we dare to question anything.

Some of the comments that have been mafe have been plain out of order, but they seem to think they can get away with it...you wouldn't hear other big companies ridiculing clients.

If we are a business, then what is it they say...."the customer is always right".
    Actually the real success in business is simply to make the customer think they are always right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    As i have been saying fro about 10 years now, dont pay any attention to what Wenger or the board say, its PR advised, over egged hype for the fans.

The real thing to do is wonder not what Arsene is saying "ut why he is saying it. You can also do the same with Fergie, Moronio and all the otehr top managers.
    Ironic how AW prides himself on 'doing it the right way' in terms of his football - but is one of the leading exponents of doublespeak; misleading and ambiguous statements; moving goalposts and mind games when it comes to the fans.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, AW & the board (especially PHW) are way out of touch with the fans. It's like a dictatorship, you've got PHW saying stuff like fans are stupid people if we dare question the way the club/team is being managed.

We've got a Manager who harps on about the ethics of finances & fair market rules.

On top of that there is a 6% increase on ST, we already pay the highest prices by a distance.

Yet we hardly invest a penny in the team, it's actually quite comical.

You certainly don't get what you pay for at Arsenal.