User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are AW & the board out of touch with the fans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are AW & the board out of touch with the fans?

I got ths from another poster on a blog somewhere; and I believe this typifies the shocking disconnect between Arsene/the board and the fans:

All he {wenger} has to say is “This season has not been good enough, we have underperformed and i will do everything in my power to make it right”

to which the board would say

“Arsene has identified players to sign in the summer, we will do everything to make it happen, next season you will see the real Arsenal”

Now that is a statement of intent!!

And I fully agree with this. Frankly, some of the comments AW has been coming out with is seriously disrespectful. This is the sign of a man who has lost touch; the same goes for PHW and I am sure his cohorts on the board.

EDIT: The above comment was in regard to AW's comments when was asked about the away fans' chant to "spend some fuck*ing money".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a word, yes.

In two words, hell yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never more so has this been as true as it is today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he tries to be too smart in interviews imo which leads to some silly comments. He tries to tread a line where he's not outright lying but nor is he particularly saying anything, the truth but not the whole truth if you like.

Anyway, haven't we actually said that? I seem to remember reading a quote from Wenger saying that we have a list of targets and we're looking to strengthen and anyone who can get anything other than 'we haven't been good enough and will try to improve next year' from the myriad comments Wenger has made about it is an idiot.

Edit: I should probably mention that I do think there's something of a disconnection between the board/Wenger and the fans, just not in that particular statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's counter-balanced that with the financial doping and "sensible" spending line as well, "sensible" being not enough to get in the room, as we know. Isn't this the same trick pulled every year? Make bold statements about signing players and then shrug when the £2.50 offer is rejected? I'm surprised Wenger doesn't starve to death, I can see him going around Tesco with a trolley and complaining at every price tag, trying to get more money off in the reduced section until the store manager loses patience and throws him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vela View Post
    I think he tries to be too smart in interviews imo which leads to some silly comments. He tries to tread a line where he's not outright lying but nor is he particularly saying anything, the truth but not the whole truth if you like.

Anyway, haven't we actually said that? I seem to remember reading a quote from Wenger saying that we have a list of targets and we're looking to strengthen and anyone who can get anything other than 'we haven't been good enough and will try to improve next year' from the myriad comments Wenger has made about it is an idiot.

Edit: I should probably mention that I do think there's something of a disconnection between the board/Wenger and the fans, just not in that particular statement.
    I am sure you will forgive these idiots because it so happens that whatever passable owning up wenger does, it is masked in a load of excuses, insults to intellligence, strawmen and red herrings and sanctimonious pap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm surprised Wenger doesn't starve to death, I can see him going around Tesco with a trolley and complaining at every price tag, trying to get more money off in the reduced section until the store manager loses patience and throws him out.

This is the funniest thing you've said in a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm surprised Wenger doesn't starve to death, I can see him going around Tesco with a trolley and complaining at every price tag, trying to get more money off in the reduced section until the store manager loses patience and throws him out.
    He tried that (well, not literally that) at Monaco and he got sacked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you only have to read comments coming out of the club over the past month to know how out of touch they are. PHW threatening to cut off the supporters trust because they dared question what was going on and now Wenger's patronising comments about needing to be sensible in the market, like we're all Football Manager raving lunatics that want to spend 40m on one player.

There has been an increased feeling of alienation from the club this season which can't be denied.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very much so.

Its a case of us and them now. They i believe are in it for the money. Increasing the season ticket prices, not spending, being happy with top 4 rather than going all out for the title and so on is proof of that.

I used to back the board and manager 18 odd months ago but times have changed...well times have but the team hasnt and we are as shit now as we were then.