Thread: Arsenal Players On Internationals

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal Players On Internationals

Internationals coming up.

Ramsey played for half hour v Scotland this week.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N Ireland v Wales on SS1 atm

0-1 Wales

Ramsey scored. Decent finish

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seventeen members of the Arsenal first team have been called up by their countries for the upcoming international fixtures.

Arsenal.com will bring you a digest of all the games featuring the Gunners.

Thomas Vermaelen
    Belgium v Turkey, June 3
    Thomas Vermaelen has been called up to the Belgium squad for a Euro 2012 Qualifier against Turkey on June 3. The Arsenal defender hasn't represented his country since picking up the Achilles injury on international duty in September that saw him miss virtually the whole season.

Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott
    England v Switzerland, June 4
    Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott have been called up to the England squad to face Switzerland in a Euro 2012 qualifier on June 4. England are top of Group G in their qualifying standings with ten points, ahead of Montenegro on goal difference.

Robin van Persie
    Brazil v Holland, June 4
    Uruguay v Holland, June 8
    Robin van Persie has been called up to the Holland squad for two international friendlies in South America. Bert van Marwijk’s side face Brazil in Goiania on June 4 before travelling to Montevideo on June 8 where they will meet Uruguay.

Aaron Ramsey
    Wales 2-0 Northern Ireland, May 27
    Wales 1-3 Scotland, May 25
    Aaron Ramsey was on the scoresheet for Wales as they beat Northern Ireland 2-0 in the Nations Cup on Friday. The Arsenal midfielder gave his side the lead after 35 minutes and Robert Earnshaw sealed the win late in the second half. Ramsey was also a 61st-minute substitute as Wales went down 3-1 against Scotland on Wednesday. Earnshaw had given Gary Speed’s side a half-time lead in Dublin but West Brom midfielder James Morrison equalised shortly after the break. Ramsey was introduced just after the hour mark but goals from Kenny Miller and Christophe Berra gave Scotland victory.

Samir Nasri, Bacary Sagna and Abou Diaby
    Belarus v France, June 3
    Ukraine v France, June 6
    Poland v France, June 9
    Bacary Sagna, Samir Nasri, Abou Diaby and Gael Clichy have been called up to the France squad for games against Belarus, Ukraine and Poland. Laurent Blanc’s squad travel to Minsk for a Euro 2012 Group D qualifier on June 3 before playing two international friendlies. Les Bleus face Ukraine in Donetsk on June 6 before travelling to Warsaw to face Poland on June 9.

Tomas Rosicky
    Peru v Czech Republic, June 4
    Japan v Czech Republic, June 7
    Tomas Rosicky has been called up to the Czech Republic squad for two international friendlies to be played in Japan. Michal Bilek’s side face Peru in Matsumoto on June 4 before taking on Japan in Yokohama on June 7.

Wojciech Szczesny
    Poland v Argentina, June 5
    Poland v France, June 9
    Wojciech Szczesny has been called up to the Poland squad for international friendlies against Argentina and France in Warsaw. Franciszek Smuda’s side host Argentina on June 5 before facing France on June 9.

Andrey Arshavin
    Russia v Armenia, June 4
    Russia v Cameroon, June 7
    Andrey Arshavin has been called up to Dick Advocaat’s Russia squad for a Euro 2012 qualifier against Armenia. Russia host the Group B game in St. Petersburg on June 4 before facing Cameroon in a friendly in Salzburg on June 7.

Nicklas Bendtner
    Denmark v Iceland, June 4
    Nicklas Bendtner has been called up to the Denmark squad for a Euro 2012 Qualifier against Iceland on June 4.

Johan Djourou
    England v Switzerland, June 4
    Johan Djourou has been called up to the Switzerland squad for their Euro 2012 Group G Qualifier against England.

Marouane Chamakh
    Morocco v Algeria, June 4
    Marouane Chamakh has been called up to the Morocco squad for a Continental Qualifier against Algeria on June 4.

Emmanuel Eboue
    Benin v Ivory Coast, June 5
    Emmanuel Eboue has been called up to the Ivory Coast squad for a Continental Qualifier against Benin on June 5.

Kieran Gibbs and Henri Lansbury
    England Under-21s v Norway Under-21s, June 5
    European Under-21 Championships, June 11 - June 25
    Kieran Gibbs and Henri Lansbury have been called up to the England squad for next month’s European Under-21s Championships in Denmark. Stuart Pearce’s side begin their campaign on June 12 against Spain in Herning. They then meet Ukraine at the same venue on June 15 and finish their Group B fixtures on June 19 against Czech Republic. Before then, England take on Norway in a warm-up fixture at St. Mary’s Stadium on June 5.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...national-watch

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal goalkeeper Damian Martinez declared himself over the moon to be involved with the Argentine national team after receiving a late call-up to join the Albiceleste for their friendly in Nigeria.

Martinez, just 18 years old and a product of the Independiente youth system before moving to England, received the call after Oscar Ustari suffered a knee injury in training and was ruled out of tonight's friendly. He will sit on the bench for the Seleccion, behind Rojo No.1 Adrian Gabbarini in a team formed from players under 25 years old based in Europe.

Speaking on Tuesday evening after a madcap dash to Abuja, the teenager admitted that he could not believe he was involved in the national team, and that it still felt unreal to him.

"My agent called me, he told me and I couldn't believe him, I thought that he was winding me up. It was an incredible bit of news," Martinez told Radio Belgrano.

"I threw my gloves and boots into a suitcase and I left. I didn't even bring a toothbrush! I am here to test myself and when you are given these chances, you cannot waste them."

The goalkeeper has been training with the senior Arsenal team for just over a month.
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...with-argentina-

Bad news. Pretty much gurantees Wenger wont buy a keeper now

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sagna and Nasri played the full game v Belarus.

Diaby was subbed off at the 73rd min

Vermaelen played the 2nd half v Turkey

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sir Jack, Theo and Djourou all started today.

Djourou is awful. The other 2 looked good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Djourou was fucking garbage. At least he's consistent.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arshavin and Bendter played the full matches for their countries

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVP played over an hour in Brazil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jack showed glimpses of his ability, but tired as the game wore on, Theo the same may be lesser so. Djourou was abject.