Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Dream Team

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal Dream Team

Who would make it into YOUR all-time Arsenal XI?

Now's your chance to tell us. This summer we'll reveal the Arsenal Dream Team, as voted for by the Arsenal fans.

So who would you pick? Is there room for Ian Wright? Would Kenny Sansom get the nod at left back? Where would you play Cliff Bastin? What is the perfect blend in the centre of midfield?

These are just some of the questions you'll have to consider before you settle on your final XI. When you have, select a player from each of the drop-down menus below and click to submit your team.

We'll reveal the results - position by position - from the week commencing Monday, June 20.

The only players exempt from the Arsenal Dream Team are current members of Arsène Wenger's squad.

And if you're struggling to fit someone into our standard 4-4-2 formation, you'll find the more versatile players crop up in more than one position.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...me-xi?#frm_184

Its a shame current players are exempt tbh. Im sure there were a few there that would need serious consideration in an Arsenal Dream Team....

Anyway my 11 are players during my time as a gooner so the ones ive seen

Seaman

Dixon Adams O'Leary Cole

Rocastle Vieira Petit Pires

Bergkamp Wright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seaman

Dixon Adams Keown Cole

Ljunberg Vieira Petit Pires

Bergkamp Henry

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seaman

Dixon Adams Sol Cole

Rocastle Brady Vieira Pires

Henry Bergkamp

Unbeatable side?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe Denilson hasn't been included yet.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seaman

Dixon - Adams - O'Leary - Cole

Pires - Vieira - Brady - Overmars

Wright - Henry
    Last edited by irishitaliangooner; 27-05-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this best, or just favourite players?

Wrighty got me supporting Arsenal - didn't like the defensive stuff so much back then (I was like 12.) but when we did score....

I think, this team formation exemplifies Wengers philosophy and the type of footy I enjoy...

Goal Keeper
    http://www.footballfancast.com/wp-co...ns-Lehmann.jpg (MODS! Allow more than 10 images FFS!)

Defence
    -

Attack
    - - - * -

MORE ATTACK
    - -

Yes, I know walcott doesn't qualify, is shit or whatever but I really enjoy watching him play when he's on form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Can't believe Denilson hasn't been included yet.
    Probably because people still consider him a current player. But the good news is, he isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    Seaman

Dixon Adams Keown Cole

Ljunberg Vieira Petit Pires

Bergkamp Henry
    +1 to this

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seaman
    Dixon Adams Sol Cole
    Freddie Vieira Petit Pires
    Bergkamp Henry

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal Dream Team: No 1 David Seaman

• HEROES TOGETHER
      No 13 Arsenal and England hero David Seaman
      1 min 41 seconds

• GOLD
      Gunners Greatest Players - 7. David Seaman
      5 mins 15 seconds

It’s time to unveil the Arsenal Dream Team.

This summer we asked the fans to choose their all-time XI and we got a tremendous response. More than 12,000 teams were submitted as supporters all around the world had their say.

There were only two rules: no current players could be included and the formation would be a traditional 4-4-2. That gave the fans a difficult task - how would they fit their favourite players into the side and find the perfect blend?

We’ll reveal the Dream Team position by position, starting today with a goalkeeper who was selected in 80 per cent of the submitted line-ups.

NO 1 DAVID SEAMAN
    Goalkeeper
    Appearances: 564
    Goals: 0

From the moment David Seaman arrived at Arsenal, he was a hit with the Highbury crowd.

The goalkeeper’s sustained excellence saw him become the cornerstone of a rock-solid defence and he’s the obvious candidate between the posts for our all-time Arsenal XI.

The Yorkshireman’s qualities were manifold - he had sharp reflexes, excellent positional sense, great judgement from crosses and bags of courage. Attributes that ensure the Dream Team is in safe hands.

Seaman started his Arsenal career behind the Back Four of Lee Dixon, Nigel Winterburn, Steve Bould and Tony Adams - which kept 24 clean sheets and conceded just 18 goals en route to the 1990/91 League title. It would not be a surprise if some of those stalwarts join the keeper in the all-time XI.

Seaman's heroics were a feature of Arsenal's unprecedented domestic Cup double in 1993 - he saved three penalties in a shoot-out at Millwall in the League Cup – and he was at it again a year later as Parma’s stellar cast of Zola, Brolin and Asprilla were kept at bay in the Final of the European Cup Winners' Cup.

Making crucial saves at vital times is a key characteristic of any world-class custodian and Seaman maintained his fine form under Arsène Wenger as Doubles were secured in 1998 and 2002.

Even when he was apparently on the wane, Seaman’s reflexes and judgment silenced the critics. During the 1,000th appearance of his career, he produced arguably his finest save to deny Sheffield United a late equaliser in the FA Cup Semi-Final at Old Trafford.

It’s moments like this that earned him a place ahead of Bob Wilson and Jack Kelsey. Arsenal’s all-time XI has its No 1.

WHAT THEY SAID
    "We all know we're losing a great player but what you maybe don't know about David is that he's a great human being. He was more than a player - he was like a dad to all of us. What we'll miss most is him in the dressing room. It was great for me to have him around. I talked with him a lot after lunch or dinner and that did me good because he knows about football and has had a great career." - Thierry Henry

"People forget but he works hard in training and he gets the reward for that. He is an example of professionalism and a great example for the young goalkeepers.” - Arsène Wenger

DAVID SEAMAN AT ARSENALCompetitionAppearancesGoalsLeague4050
    FA Cup480
    League Cup380
    Champions League
    Totals5640
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...the-goalkeeper...

Seaman

Couldnt really be anyone else tbh