User Tag List

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Samir "The Weasel" Nasri - The Epitome of Wenger's Failings!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck him tbh.

Shows that we're a selling club though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I care because it paints a bad picture for the club. What sort of message would it send out if United were able to sign one of our best? Not that I think he'll go there but the fact he didn't rule it out leaves me concerned at that prospect.

If Nasri wants to go, fine, but what will do to compensate for the loss? History suggests not a lot when key players have left in the past.
    Completely agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    Problem is that before Nasri hit the 24 month mark he had been with us for less than a year...and had done nothing to suggest that he had the talent and consistency to become a really top player. So signing a new deal then might have left us simply with a large wage bill that wasn't justified. Same goes for giving our players 4/5 year contracts.

Its a problem intrinsic with the model we have followed as a club for the past 5 years - pluck relative unknowns from foreign/lower leagues and you have limited ability to predict how they will turn out. You have to offer shorter contracts and rely upon them showing their worth soon enough to be able to negotiate with time to spare. Which may leave you in a weaker position.

I have no problem with this at the time - albeit that the inherent weaknesses of our model have now become evident.

What I would question more is how the likes of Hleb; Flamini; Nasri are able to turn it on when they want to be in the shop window and are eying up the next door neighbour, but not otherwise.
    With Sagna we signed him on a 3 year deal and then extended it after a year. Nasri has potential and Wenger sees him as a major first team player and someone with a long future at the club. Why not sign him on a longer contract when he first arrived? We've done ourselves over. He's not a little known foreign player and we knew his potential before we signed him. With the bosman rule in place and that other rule about players being able to buy themselves out of their contract, we should have protected ourselves.

But, it is what it is and Wenger must decide if he's a manager going after silverware or a bookkeeper. If he can't hold on to his players than his philosophy will never work. Nasri has a nerve but let's be honest, it's not as if we can't afford it. Sign him up and demand the required performance out of him. If he can't produce, sell him for a fee we can command. We should have leverage on this one not the player. At the moment it looks like we're going to lose the player for a cut down price or he's going on a free. Stupidity!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samir Nasri has infuriated Arsenal by refusing to dismiss a move to Manchester United.

The midfielder issued what amounts to a 'come and get me plea' to United manager Sir Alex Ferguson with his comments in a French TV interview.

His stance echoes that of Spurs star Luka Modric, who last week dropped more than a few broad hints about a possible switch to Old Trafford.

Nasri is coming into the final year of his contract at the Emirates and Arsene Wenger may be forced to cash-in rather than lose him for nothing next summer.

The Arsenal manager insists his 23-year-old French international will not be joining United - but unless Nasri commits himself to a new deal soon, Arsenal may have no choice but to let him leave the club.

Nasri, on international duty ahead of France's Euro 2012 qualifier with Poland, said on TF1: "I don't know if I will sign a new contract. Anyway, the discussions are ongoing.

"For the moment, I don't think about this. We will speak about it after the match with Poland.

"Do I want to go to Man United? First, we should see if it's real and if it is concrete."

Ferguson is determined to revamp United's midfield for next season, especially after seeing that particular department swamped by Barcelona in the Champions League final.

He wants Modric to replace the retired Paul Scholes, while Nasri is earmarked as a successor to Ryan Giggs.

Nasri's international colleague Patrice Evra infuriated Arsenal fans ahead of United's Champions League final with Barcelona when he claimed the Arsenal player would have to head to Old Trafford to fulfil his ambition for silverware.

Evra said: "Little prince, if you want to become king you know where you should go.
    "Every year at Manchester is a guarantee of a title.
    "I have been here five years and cannot keep count of the trophies I've won - 12? 13? 15?"

But Wenger remains determined not to lose one of his star players to Ferguson.
    "One thing's for sure: we're not selling him to Manchester United," he said. "Are we still in discussions with Nasri? Yes, but we are still in disagreement over the financial contract on offer, which we haven't settled.

"We are trying to extend his deal."

Arsenal, who have Clichy in a similar position, had hoped to secure Nasri on a new five-year deal worth around £90,000 a week.
    Both players' contracts expire in the summer of 2012 and Wenger is unwilling to allow them to leave for nothing under the Bosman ruling, as Mathieu Flamini did for Milan three years ago.

Nasri played in France's 1-1 draw in Belarus on Friday and is expected to feature in tomorrow's friendly in Poland; talks will resume upon his return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    With Sagna we signed him on a 3 year deal and then extended it after a year. Nasri has potential and Wenger sees him as a major first team player and someone with a long future at the club. Why not sign him on a longer contract when he first arrived? We've done ourselves over. He's not a little known foreign player and we knew his potential before we signed him. With the bosman rule in place and that other rule about players being able to buy themselves out of their contract, we should have protected ourselves.

But, it is what it is and Wenger must decide if he's a manager going after silverware or a bookkeeper. If he can't hold on to his players than his philosophy will never work. Nasri has a nerve but let's be honest, it's not as if we can't afford it. Sign him up and demand the required performance out of him. If he can't produce, sell him for a fee we can command. We should have leverage on this one not the player. At the moment it looks like we're going to lose the player for a cut down price or he's going on a free. Stupidity!
    HAHAHAHA - dumbest thing I've head today.

I remember you lot calling Nasri a flop after his first year unlike Sagna who was word class after his first season here... Now your castrating Wenger for not extending his contract then. Blinkered.

Bottom line is Nasri has had only really performed 6 months out of 3 years. His leaving wouldn't be a problem if 1) we weren't having a massive clear out already, 2) we'd replace him with quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come and get me pleas .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post

I remember you lot calling Nasri a flop after his first year unlike Sagna who was word class after his first season here... Now your castrating Wenger for not extending his contract then. Blinkered.

Bottom line is Nasri has had only really performed 6 months out of 3 years. His leaving wouldn't be a problem if 1) we weren't having a massive clear out already, 2) we'd replace him with quality.
    Use you're brain.

It's about leverage. We could easily demand £15m for Nasri, £20m in fact, but you can't do that when a player is on the last year of his contract. Does that make any sense to you?

If the relationship is sour, at least do what we did with Ashely Cole, sign him and then sell him when we're in a better position to bargain. Right now, the little prick has us pinned to a corner.

Nasri had a decent first season, his second was a flop but that's besides the point. It's about the original contract he signed. For a club building on potential and expecting players to get better with age, (around 23 according to Wenger) we sign this kid up on a 3 year deal, which means, just as he's starting to show his true potential, he's out of contract! For older players, I can understand a 3 year deal, but for someone we're signing based on potential, he should have a longer deal, especially when we're talking about a player that's just about to hit his form. Even if he's a flop, at least we can say the guy has x amount of years left on his contract when we want to sell. It's what we've done with Cesc.

I don't care if he stays or goes. I don't really like the guy. But I find it odd that we'd give a short term contract to player that is supposed to be here on the long term and identified as someone with loads of potential. Right now, he knows he's hitting form and his stock is up, so he's taking advantage of the situation. We should have known better and protected ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Use you're brain.

Sorry, but I had to point it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should have known better and protected ourselves
    these words are increasingly being used and it does look like the only thing we have been trying to do well is save money in order to pay off the money we owe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post

i heard the same from people at the games, wenger gets a bollocking for offering new contracts to players not worth it and last summer, nasri fell into that category. as soon as he upped his game we tried to pin him down but he done exactly the same as flamini but without the logic.

and if anyone is to blame it is gazidis who was employed to sort out contracts its not wengers job