User Tag List

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal V Mou's Hoes, 26 April KO 1600

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal V Mou's Hoes, 26 April KO 1600

If we beat a Mourinho team, I'll start believing that we are making some solid positive strides. They are going to be parking the bus like they did against Utd.. we just need to neutralize the greatest player in the PL ever, Azzzaahh, and that'll ensure we dont lose this game. Whether we win or not depends on how quick we move the ball and create space.

Please win Arsenal.. please!!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea and Mourinho will do what they do best and drive a dagger right through the heart of Football.

0-2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-0
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bus. Parked.

0-0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    If we beat a Mourinho team, I'll start believing that we are making some solid positive strides.
    I don't really understand why you pour so much scorn on my thoughts that there are some positive signs after winning 18 games out of 21 - a run which has taken us from 7th to 2nd and seen us progress to the cup final and during which we have already beaten 2 big rivals away from home, one in the cup quarter final. And yet you see this, a one off game which we could lose or draw for all kinds of silly reasons not in our control, as the measure of progress. I get it's a Mourino side but we are 10 points behind them. Were we, say, 5 points behind or fewer and this was a game where we could either overtake them on the home straight or get close to them and put some real pressure on then yes, I would see that as significant. As it is, they're far enough ahead that they could lose this one and still win the title without breaking sweat.

Personally I will look at the performance as much as the result. I'd be disappointed if we lose, very annoyed if they thump us. I won't cry if it's a draw, Mourinho will come for a draw and they are masters and bus parking and sucking the life out of games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't really understand why you pour so much scorn on my thoughts that there are some positive signs after winning 18 games out of 21 - a run which has taken us from 7th to 2nd and seen us progress to the cup final and during which we have already beaten 2 big rivals away from home, one in the cup quarter final. And yet you see this, a one off game which we could lose or draw for all kinds of silly reasons not in our control, as the measure of progress. I get it's a Mourino side but we are 10 points behind them. Were we, say, 5 points behind or fewer and this was a game where we could either overtake them on the home straight or get close to them and put some real pressure on then yes, I would see that as significant. As it is, they're far enough ahead that they could lose this one and still win the title without breaking sweat.

Personally I will look at the performance as much as the result. I'd be disappointed if we lose, very annoyed if they thump us. I won't cry if it's a draw, Mourinho will come for a draw and they are masters and bus parking and sucking the life out of games.
    I completely concur.

And because of the quality he has assembled there he knows he can set his team up for a draw and yet still be good enough to nick a win as his teams have often done despite the lack of sex appeal to his tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an aside.... I still shudder to think we sort of opted for Gervais over Hazard, even if it wasn't quite like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    As an aside.... I still shudder to think we sort of opted for Gervais over Hazard, even if it wasn't quite like that.
    In the same way I opted for a Golf over a McLaren 650s.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    In the same way I opted for a Golf over a McLaren 650s.
    Suzuki Swift