User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal in move for Didier Drogba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal in move for Didier Drogba

In a shock move Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is reportedly chasing Chelsea striker Didier Drogba. Drogba is reportedly unhappy at falling behind Fernando Torres at the Blues and if as reported £30miliion man Neymar is to arrive as well Drogba will find himself with restricted playing time.
    Having a year left on his contract and with the only reported interest coming from Arsenals north London rivals Tottenham and some minor interest from Turkey and Greece the gunners may seem an attractive proposition for the 32 year old.
    Arsenal are apparently in the market for a tall and mobile forward and a move for Lille striker Gervinho seemed to be almost done according to the players current club and agent but Wenger has always been one to play his cards close to his chest in the transfer market. Drogba would be available for a nominal fee due to his contract situation and the only stumbling block may be his reported £150k a week wages.
    Sources close to both clubs have claimed a deal may well have already been completed and will be officially announced on the 1st of July when the transfer window officially opens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you make this up? If not it may as well be made up as he'll never sign for us.

Firstly he's played for Chelsea many years and would probably not play for another English club, secondly he probably wants to play for a club with a chance at winning the CL. Thirdly he won't get big wages from us.

Weren't some Italian teams interested as well, I'd be surprised if some bigger clubs didn't come in for him tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this wasn't made up and actually happens, I will spunken over all of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If true. Would be a quality signing.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Did you make this up? If not it may as well be made up as he'll never sign for us.

Firstly he's played for Chelsea many years and would probably not play for another English club, secondly he probably wants to play for a club with a chance at winning the CL. Thirdly he won't get big wages from us.
    Interesting that you start by asking Falvs if he made up the story and then go on to make up reasons why he wouldn't come to us...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Interesting that you start by asking Falvs if he made up the story and then go on to make up reasons why he wouldn't come to us...
    They're fair comments....he's been a big player at a successful club with ambition and he's not won the CL.

Why exactly would he move to us a team known for bottling it every season and a team known for being very conservative in the transfer market, that's ignoring the fact he's played for Chelsea for many years and most likely has a strong allegiance with them.

Gone are the days when it was appealing to play for AW, as are the days players signed to play alongside our big stars.

Plus I was picking up on comments from another thread hence the reason I asked him if he made it up.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Come on flavs, spill the beans, is this genuine rumour or bullshit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Save me Jeebus! View Post
    I'm going to be a spoil sport and say even if it's true we won't pay him 150K per week so it's never going to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Save me Jeebus! View Post
    Will be in the papers tomorrow but how true are any of these stories nowadays anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    Will be in the papers tomorrow but how true are any of these stories nowadays anyway?
    I never realised you were a Journo Flavs?