User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So how is everyone feeling over transfer activity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So how is everyone feeling over transfer activity

No suprize but my annual frustration mode is kicking in just now.

We seem to be standing still as usual while many of our rivals strengthen. We appear to be after players but there are problems as always with the fee, the wages and the fact they choose other clubs.

Why can't we go for a player and just get the deal done...So much dithering or waiting for other clubs to do their business.

Some might say...Hey you don't know what's going on...Well in this World today we know a hell of a lot. We know that Gervinho has been in talks because his club said so, we know Samba has been in talks because his Coach has said he wants to join...and so on.

But this feels like most Summers...it will fly by and we'll hope that deals are done later. Leaving no time to prepare.

Anyway just venting...and this is the general opinion on line. With Twitter and Facebook you have incredible access to large quantities on fans.

Finally you have the business of Cesc, Nasri, Clichy and Bendtner...what happens to them...we should be strengthening, if we lose any of them...we'll replace but it won't strengthen...For me it's the same old BS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am actually feeling positive about this summer atm. yes we havnt announced anything yet, but then when do we? we all know what wenger is like. i seem to remember when we signed diaby, theo and ade in january they were announced at the same time but deals done at different times (i could be wrong there)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elche View Post
    For me it's the same old BS.
    Not just you.

I have no doubt we'll sign players. We always do. We'll sign some no hopers though as usual instead of the quality needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not expecting anything other than shit signings and a 4th place finish next season. Anything more than that will be a bonus.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be the same old thing as usual, yes we will sign players but they're never the ones we need and are never of a high enough quality.

Wenger's already gone back to his favourite destination looking for Gervinho, Wenger's got another thing coming if he thinks players like him will keep the fans happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Where's my username gone? View Post
    I'm not expecting anything other than shit signings and a 4th place finish next season. Anything more than that will be a bonus.
    Same here, I've not been encouraged by some of the names being banded about at the moment. With Wenger at the helm, there's an air of inevitability regarding our transfer dealings. You just assume that we're going to be disappointed, with Wenger focussed on signing cheap, mediocre players with limited experience of top level competition, and failing to strengthen the squad in the most important areas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elche View Post
    We appear to be after players but there are problems as always with the fee, the wages and the fact they choose other clubs.
    What is the basis for any of that? Papertalk or anything more solid.
    I've not read much as I can't be arsed with all the nonsense the papers spout but who have we been after and what clubs did they choose instead of us? Or if there was a problem with the fee or wages then how do you know that? 'Cos The Sun said so or is there something more solid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    What is the basis for any of that? Papertalk or anything more solid.
    I've not read much as I can't be arsed with all the nonsense the papers spout but who have we been after and what clubs did they choose instead of us? Or if there was a problem with the fee or wages then how do you know that? 'Cos The Sun said so or is there something more solid?
    Years of experience tell us money is always a problem, Wenger is cheaper than Cheapy McCheap on discount day at the pound shop!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imagine if the signings that some people are moaning about before they are even signed, do well. i mean what would happen? they would actually have to eat their words but knowing them, they'd moan about something else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just know Wenger's going to drag a lot of transfer deals to the last minute, trying to drive the price down, until it's too late and the window closes, and we're in a situation where the squad isn't strong enough to cope with a sustained assault on the EPL and Champions League. Sounds depressingly familiar unfortunately.