Thread: Football in north London

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Football in north London

Non-competitive (no leagues)

Anyone know of any places?

Lads we play with usually are always cancelling, there never seems to be enough for a decent game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's always a pick up match going on in Finsbury park and Clissold park. We used to play against a bunch of Algerian lads in Finsbury park and there were always good numbers. If the weather is no good the Sobell centre for some indoor 5 a side, you can usually find a group of lads in there who are up for a game...Oh yeah Market road as well, it's an all weather set up with about 4 pitches, they play the Islington midweek league there but there is usually a pick up game on offer there too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That takes me back Maori. In the late 70's / early 80's used to go to Finsbury Park in the early evening and there would always be a game you could join. It was a good standard though and they were a bit fussy about who could join in, but once you were accepted it was ok. I would suspect things have changed a little since then.

Only went to Michael Sobell once and the people there were a bit intimidating for my liking so I went home.