User Tag List

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger being sanctimonious again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    obsession wouldn't really cover it for you would it?
    I'm not obsessed, you don't have to look hard to find these public statements from Wenger expressing interest in players. Here's a few more:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/arsena...r-jones-812551

http://www.supersport.com/football/a...aspx?Id=367804

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he does anything and you are all over it

so what if he talks about other players, everyone does and if they have a problem speak up

football is full of hypocrisy, and who are the biggest of all?

the fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would prefer him to say something than not.........even if it is against something he has been guilty of doing himself in the past ala above examples.

he may be acting in a slightly hypocritical way but he gets my support because he is doing so with the good of our team at heart

I think he is sending more of a message to Nasri rather than a direct swipe at Citeh although there are elements of that about as well.

He has stated that he expects Nasri ti stay and is protecting his brood......there are a lot of mind games involved in both Nasris and Cescs stories and Wenger is not bad at plying these games, in TBH I think he enjoys it a bit

there are quite a few sticks lying around that we can bash Wenger over the head with, lets leave this one on the ground, if Citeh want to pick it up and have a go........like Ive said before let them bring it on, got nothing to fear on this side

RealeyesRealizeReallies Sirjackofwilshere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    I would prefer him to say something than not.........even if it is against something he has been guilty of doing himself in the past ala above examples.

he may be acting in a slightly hypocritical way but he gets my support because he is doing so with the good of our team at heart

I think he is sending more of a message to Nasri rather than a direct swipe at Citeh although there are elements of that about as well.

He has stated that he expects Nasri ti stay and is protecting his brood......there are a lot of mind games involved in both Nasris and Cescs stories and Wenger is not bad at plying these games, in TBH I think he enjoys it a bit

there are quite a few sticks lying around that we can bash Wenger over the head with, lets leave this one on the ground, if Citeh want to pick it up and have a go........like Ive said before let them bring it on, got nothing to fear on this side
    "what it means to be human - to be featherless, two-legged, linguistically conscious creatures
    born between urine and faeces whose bodies will one day be the culinary delight of terrestrial worms.."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are screwed in the head if you think that is the same thing. I want a change of Manager - I've made no secret of that, but it doesn't mean I have to disagree with everything he says or does.

He was spot on about City, the only arguement would be on whether you think he was right to say it - many are glad he has. And he is spot on about Mancini.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mancini responds:

"I said only that Nasri, (Sergio) Aguero are two good players and I said also that Nasri is under contract with Arsenal," said Mancini. "I don't know why he's upset, but only this.

"Because the question was about some good players, I say that like this. I said also that Nasri is under contract with Arsenal, it's difficult. Only this."
    I don't think he meant any disrespect, and he explicitly stated at the start of the interview that Nasri was under contract with Arsenal. Wenger just took the SSN reporter's description of Mancini's comments at face value, when he should have listened to them himself. To be fair the wanker Dharmesh Set deserves blame as well, because he misrepresented Mancini's remarks to get a reaction from Wenger. Wenger himself is to blame as well though, for (again) jumping to conclusions unnecessarily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe Mancini said anything "out of order" and disrespectful as Wenger suggested. Certainly not on the Harry Redknapp level of talking about other players. Wenger is just feeling the strain me thinks.

I like Mancini tbh, one of the more likeable managers in the league.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 17-07-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame Wenger can't shut his fucking pie hole for 5 minutes and scribble a note to the Arsenal fans letting us know what his intentions for the club are. Are we really going into a new season with no defence? That would be interesting to hear, either way, rather than this constant sniping about Man City and Chelsea. Okay so a lot of the time he has a point, but points in the media don't count in the final league standings.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARSENE WENGER has urged football bosses to crack down on illegal approaches to players as he fights to keep Samir Nasri at Arsenal.

The Frenchman is furious with Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini after he publicly admitted his desire to sign Nasri this summer.

Nasri, with only a year left on his contract, has told team-mates he will definitely not sign a new deal at the Emirates.

Asked if he thought the midfielder had been tapped up by City, Wenger said: "I would like to return the question to you. What do you think?

"We live in a realistic world. I do not want to assess what I cannot prove.

"I know how things happen. It doesn't necessarily go through the player or the agent but I think it is a rule that has to be reviewed. It's not really respected."

Nasri, who played in the second half of Arsenal's 2-1 win in Cologne on Saturday, is a £20million target for City.

City could also find themselves in hot water with the FA over Luka Modric, with Spurs also considering a complaint as White Hart Lane officials believes their star player may have been the subject of an illegal approach.

Wenger, meanwhile, is under fire as £11m Lille ace Gervinho is his only major signing so far this summer.

But the Gunners boss insists he will not be forced into bringing in players for the sake of it.

Asked whether he will make more major signings, he said: "It's not the number of players, it's the quality."

Arsenal will remain in Germany on a training camp until Wednesday, while skipper Cesc Fabregas is home alone in London with a hip problem.

Barcelona vice-president Josep Bartomeu is set to return once again to the capital this weekend in the hope of completing a deal for the World Cup winner.

But the Spaniards are only offering around £35m, which falls some way short of Arsenal's £40m valuation.

If Fabregas does go, Wenger is set to bid for Valencia's Juan Mata and Villarreal's Santi Cazorla.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz1T7SjQXZh
    It'd be nice for us to make any approach, illegal or otherwise for players.

Also i see hes hiding behind the "not buying for the sake of it" BS again.

Just fuck off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Also i see hes hiding behind the "not buying for the sake of it" BS again.

Just fuck off
    Yeah sick of this BS, if he can't find better quality players then there's something wrong with him!