User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Theo's central role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theo's central role

I wanted to know what people thought of theo getting the chance he wants up front this season. personally i think he is shite on the wings and runs into dead ends most of the time but in front of goal he is pretty clinical. I would really welcome him getting the chance and playing 2 up top again. Think he would score a good 20 goals a season if he played up front. With rvp almost certain to get injured soon maybe its time for him to get the role rather than the non existent chamakh and the super quality of bentdner.

I doubt we will buy another forward now so is it time for a new GHEL scoring sensation?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...e-central-role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The majority of his goals come from darting through the middle so I think we should making the most of that now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desperate times, desperate measures and all that.

Wenger's not going to sign a striker so I guess we've got no choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made some cracking runs through the middle the other night, and we're crying out for that kind of movement, rather than the static front men.

RVP has his worth up top, but I think Theo playing off him would work wonders.

I still think he'll be played predominently on the wing, purely because I don't think we can switch to 4-4-2 in this league (much as I'd love to see it again).

We need Theo to cover the fullback, which he did extremely well the other night. But when we have possession centrally, he should be making runs in. He;s always done this, but Cesc / Nasri et al, didn't like that ball. His runs were often overlooked.

However, I think Ramsey and Wilshire, and Arshavin / RVP will spot this movement. It's up to him to keep doing it....he's not shy little Theo anymore...or at least he shouldn't be.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, would love to go back to 442 as well! his runs are intelligent but wasted on the wings imo. he has grown up very well the lil blessage lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not convinced about him as a striker and would rather we signed an out and out forward who is about goals, he'll score a few through the middle no doubt but his finishing is unpredictable to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Not convinced about him as a striker and would rather we signed an out and out forward who is about goals, he'll score a few through the middle no doubt but his finishing is unpredictable to say the least.
    I think his finishing is pretty clinical through the middle. He was very unlucky with that second chance the other day....hit is perfect, but the keep made a blinding save.

He's very dangerous in the box IMO.

He ain't dangerous on the wings....unless he finally decides to man up and push the ball past the defender....which I've never understood why he doesn't. JUST GO FUCKING PAST HIM YOU SPEEDY LITTLE CUNT!!!
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd play him upfront but that means we've got arshavin and gervinho on the wings which appears quite weak whereas rvp up top is the best we've got. Even if we were to play 442, arshavin would not offer the defensive support theo does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best in the position he's currently in as his runs and finishing are top notch, but his close control and strength are pretty poor.

Play him as we played Ljungberg, imo.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I think his finishing is pretty clinical through the middle. He was very unlucky with that second chance the other day....hit is perfect, but the keep made a blinding save.

He's very dangerous in the box IMO.

He ain't dangerous on the wings....unless he finally decides to man up and push the ball past the defender....which I've never understood why he doesn't. JUST GO FUCKING PAST HIM YOU SPEEDY LITTLE CUNT!!!
    We'll have to disagree on this, he'll hit the odd one well but will also completely fluff quite a few.

His speed will always mean he'll get chances if the right ball is played, but in key games where taking your chances matters I wouldn't put money on him to take his chances.