User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you still want Wenger as Arsenal manager?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 37.25%
  • No

32 62.75%
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you still want Wenger as Arsenal manager?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you still want Wenger as Arsenal manager?

I know there was a thread at the end of last season, and some people were uncertain how to vote, preferring to wait to see how the summer panned out before making a judgement. Well, this summer has turned out to be one of the worst in recent memory in terms of the business we've done, and it has only strengthened my belief that Wenger is definitely NOT the right manager to lead our club forward, because he is stuck in his old ways and old dogmas, and is unwilling to see that he needs to adapt and change to meet the challenges posed by teams that have strengthened significantly in the transfer window. He's now become a danger to the club, and unless we replace him ASAP, we'll continue to slide down the table, our status as a top club will be diminished and therefore fewer high quality players will want to join, and a viscous cycle will develop.
    Last edited by Joker; 21-08-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14606268.stm

bring back graham

might have the same effect kenny had on liverpool

plus our problems are basic defensive and footballing mistakes across the pitch. something graham nailed when he was in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Graham's past it IMO, but we definitely need change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick a fork in!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fats View Post
    Stick a fork in!!!!!
    No, his days are numbered for me. Tactically inept and refusing to adapt and unwilling to change.

It's a shame but he's become too stubborn for his and our own good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I know there was a thread at the end of last season, and some people were uncertain how to vote, preferring to wait to see how the summer panned out before making a judgement. Well, this summer has turned out to be one of the worst in recent memory in terms of the business we've done, and it has only strengthened my belief that Wenger is definitely NOT the right manager to lead our club forward, because he is stuck in his old ways and old dogmas, and is unwilling to see that he needs to adapt and change to meet the challenges posed by teams that have strengthened significantly in the transfer window. He's now become a danger to the club, and unless we replace him ASAP, we'll continue to slide down the table, our status as a top club will be diminished and therefore fewer high quality players will want to join, and a viscous cycle will develop.
    Wheather we want him or not is irrelevant tbh, he will go when he wants to go no sooner or no less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I slightly misunderstood the question, but I voted yes - for the rest of this season only.

Wenger leaving now, just ten days before transfer window closes, would be disastrous.

He got us into this mess, he needs to get us out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RomfordPele View Post
    Maybe I slightly misunderstood the question, but I voted yes - for the rest of this season only.

Wenger leaving now, just ten days before transfer window closes, would be disastrous.

He got us into this mess, he needs to get us out of it.
    I think it would be unfair on a new manager right now, coming in and having no time or even no chance to bring in players he wants initially.

So yes he'd be trying to fix Wenger's mess without being able to bring in the players he thinks might help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no. it pains me to say so as I rate top the man but I said that he needed to turn thing round in the summer which he didn't. he has to go.