User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay Paris

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gay Paris

So come on then. What should I do in Paris? Been there quite a few times and done all the obvious things.
    MrsL's never been so we'll have to do some of them again, any other things we could do?
    Coney mentions Versailles (sp?) which is a good idea and I've put on our 'to do' list, I have been there but years and years ago so it's worth another visit.
    What else?
    Any restaurants to recommend?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take her up the Louvre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paris is one of the shittiest cities I have traveled to in developed world. I cant think of anything good other than the Eiffel tower. I missed visiting the Louvre the last time I was there coz that piece of shit was closed on a tuesday but I think you have already seen that..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Louvre is very good. I'm not an art fan in the slightest but I thought it was cool.

Notre-Dame?

Dunno much really apart from the obvious stuff. Bastille was the area I spent most of my time in, mainly getting smashed tbh. If you're both game then I recommend that!

It's a shame you're not going at Christmas, Mrs L would probably love the Christmas Market they have on then. That scored me some serious points with the missus.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 06-09-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh do the bateaux mouche or something like that. Its a ride along the river Siene(?).. that was pretty cool and you saw everything there is to see. Special mention to the food.. it was hideous.. might as well pack your food (curry) from Engerland!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Notre-Dame?

You'd fit right in tbh.

With the birds.

By birds I meant Gargoyles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Take her up the Louvre
    I'll take her right up the Eiffel Tower.

Not sure about The Louvre. Every time I've been in there I've come out with sore feet and backache. It's way too big.
    And frankly I'd only go there to see The Mona Lisa which is always disappointing anyway.
    Musee d'Orsee ftw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drive out of Paris and go to Euro Disney. Much more funner.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've already got 2 day passes for that, MrsL's not been there either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small enough but good enough - not you, but the Musee Rodin. It is on the corner of the Rue De Varennes and the Boulevard Invalides, near Napolean's Tomb and the southern end of Place Invalides. The museum has a shed load of sculpture by Rodin in the building, including the marble 'The Kiss' (http://www.tate.org.uk/collection/N/N06/N06228_8.jpg) and in the garden are several bronzes including The Thinker (http://www.connorgouge.com/wp-conten...he-thinker.jpg) and the haunting 'Burgers of Calais' (below) which is my favourite sculpture - I presume you know the story. What I like is that you can spend just half an hour and take in the stuff without having to spend all day bored to death. Good for a quick snippet of quality 'culture' without losing the rest of the day. If you do it early and then walk up the side of Place Invalides (the East side), just before you get to the river, there is a railway station with regular trains to Versailles (two stations in Versailles, equidistant from the palace so either is good). The train goes alongside the Seine for a lot of the journey.