User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour of Asia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tour of Asia

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that the first-team squad will be playing a pre-season friendly in Malaysia this summer.

Arsčne Wenger’s side take on a Malaysia XI at the Bukit Jalil Stadium, Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday, July 13, kick off 8.45pm local time. This game will be the first leg of Arsenal's Asian Tour. Details of the second leg will be announced on Wednesday.

Arsenal Chief Executive Ivan Gazidis said: “Everyone at Arsenal Football Club is excited to be visiting Malaysia.

“The Club has a tradition of playing there going back to the 1960s. This will be our fourth visit to Malaysia, having last visited Kuala Lumpur in 1999.

"We enjoy huge support in Asia and this will help bring the Club closer to our fans out there.”

HRH Prince Tengku Mahkoya of Pahang added: "It is an honour for Malaysia to host Arsenal, I don't think any other national teams get such opportunity. This is a rare opportunity for our Malaysian national team as they prepare for the Olympics and ahead of the World Cup."

Check Arsenal.com in the near future for ticket details, travel options and news about that second leg.

In addition, Arsenal has already confirmed the details for Emirates Cup 2011, which is being played at Emirates Stadium on Saturday, July 30 and Sunday, July 31.

Emirates Cup 2011 will see Arsenal joined by MLS side New York Red Bulls, who currently boast Gunners’ legend Thierry Henry in their ranks, leading French club Paris Saint-Germain and Club Atlético Boca Juniors - the most successful Argentine and South American club of all time.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...me-in-malaysia

About time we tapped into the potential revenue out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck.

Probably won't be here when we play in China.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for the Asian Clique

Wish we we're touring America instead tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    +1 for the Asian Clique

Wish we we're touring America instead tbh.
    Come on Malaysia, lets feck this southern bottlers.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a step forward for sure, nice to do something a bit different for a change. For years pre-season has been boring as hell.

Be nice to have some new quality players to cheer on too, maybe that's a bridge too far though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much for the tranquility of Austria giving us an advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone offered to pay all travel, accommodation, food, drink money to go follow the Arsenal reserves jog around, i still wouldn't go. Does that make me a bad fan or does it make me a non-Asian clique member? Answers on the back of a postcard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    If someone offered to pay all travel, accommodation, food, drink money to go follow the Arsenal reserves jog around, i still wouldn't go. Does that make me a bad fan or does it make me a non-Asian clique member? Answers on the back of a postcard.
    It makes you sensible tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    It makes you an idiot.

I'd take a free holiday in a heartbeat.