User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Parker Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scott Parker Thread

Didn't know where to put this.....so no worries if it gets deleted/moved later.......

Now I know the deal has been done and we missed the boat, but by the sounds of it we not only missed the boat but went to the wrong fucking port.........!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15514793.stm

I cannot help feeling that had we bought Parker that the results at places like Blackburn and WHL would have been different.....we were all over Blackburn but lost our arses when they scored and we were not the worst team against the Scum.....Parker would have given us the leadership we are beginning to show/a calmness that comes with being the kind of professional that he is. He may not be the most exciting player but there are times and there are roles that dont demand the spotlight......his being one...I think we have a good player in Song but Parker would have been a very sensible buy considering the price.

Please Please lets not miss out on these kind of players in the future, especially when they are basically begging to be signed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NAh he's pretty shit.

And so was Dave Mackay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have signed him up as for the price he went for he was a bargain but it's unlikely Wenger will sign these types of players (one he's from the PL which is usually a no go and two he's over 30).

The King Is Back.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the kind of signing we complain about, those prone to injuries. Hamstring in his case.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy is quality and has been for some time. Best English midfielder around and some one our very own Sir Jack could have learnt off but we were never going to get him for 4 reasons. 1 - Wenger 2 - Parker wouldn't have any sell on value so the board would be against it 3 - Barca probably wouldn't buy him off us 4 - he's exactly what we needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rate Parker, but he is injury prone.

As you can see, our medical team are busy enough already.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Averaged 30+ starts a season over the last three years. For a player that doesn't play internationally and for a team like West Ham that usually plays less than 42 games in a season, that's not too bad.

The King Is Back.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said, usually hamstring. And do you think that would get better or worse with us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Averaged 30+ starts a season over the last three years. For a player that doesn't play internationally and for a team like West Ham that usually plays less than 42 games in a season, that's not too bad.
    We play well in excess of 42 games and as soon as he is in our team, you just know he'd have had international commitments.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the price, his experience and his die for the cause attitude, a shortish contract would not have been too much to ask for.

The guy was exactly what we needed when we were most fragile at the start of the season. . .he would never have stopped Utd gang raping us at Old Trafford but he probably wouldnt have stepped all over Joey Cunton thus denying us the services of one of our veterans. . .he would have been a calming force when everyone was losing the plot at Blackeye and may have been able to at least pass to his own player against the Scum.

These are all suppositions but I bet I'm not wrong to think that Parker, even with his age and suspect hammies would have been a good bit of business.