User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World player of the year Shortlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World player of the year Shortlist

Wayne Rooney is the only English player named on the 23-man shortlist for the 2011 Ballon d'Or.
    The prestigious award is the most coveted individual honour in world football, and is currently in the possession of Lionel Messi, who is looking to claim it for the third successive season
    Rooney is one of four Premier League-based players to make the list along with United team-mate Nani, Liverpool's Luis Suarez and Sergio Aguero of Manchester City.
    Rooney is looking to be the first Englishman in a decade to take the award, with Michael Owen the last one to take the honour in 2001.
    Former Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas is one of eight players from Barcelona to make the cut, whilst Real Madrid boast five candidates including 2009 winner Cristiano Ronaldo.
    The coach of the year is also decided at the same event, and that sees Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Andre Villas-Boas all nominated.
    Eric Abidal (France), Sergio Aguero (Argentina), Karim Benzema (France), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Dani Alves (Brazil), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Diego Forlan (Uruguay), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Muller (Germany), Nani (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Gerard Pique (Spain), Wayne Rooney (England), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands), Luis Suarez (Uruguay), David Villa (Spain), Xabi Alonso (Spain), Xavi (Spain)
    Coach nominees:

Vicente Del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Sir Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United), Rudi Garcia (France/Lille OSC), Pep Guardiola (Spain/Barcelona), Jurgen Klopp (Germany/Borussia Dortmund), Joachim Low (Germany/Germany national team), Jose Mourinho (Portugal/Real Madrid), Oscar Tabarez (Uruguay/Uruguay national team), Andre Villas-Boas (Portugal/FC Porto, Chelsea), Arsene Wenger (France/Arsenal)
    Interesting
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger nominated

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVP was worth a nomination.

But I guess a lot is based on CL and International performance of the respective players team.

I'm pretty sure Cesc is only there because he now plays for Barca.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 01-11-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We already pay far too much attention to what Europeans think. Henry was head and shoulders above any of their little darlings for years, yet he used to struggle to get the recognition he deserved. Europeans never judge anything on merit, it's always prejudice, favouritism or outright bribery with them. Best thing to do is ignore them and vote UKIP.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We already pay far too much attention to what Europeans think. Henry was head and shoulders above any of their little darlings for years, yet he used to struggle to get the recognition he deserved. Europeans never judge anything on merit, it's always prejudice, favouritism or outright bribery with them. Best thing to do is ignore them and vote UKIP.
    So in others words Uefa are a Corrupt bunch Of cunts
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    So in others words Uefa are a Corrupt bunch Of cunts
    Distinct possibility.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh barca oooh barca oooh give me the good stuff oh come on baby *suck suck

fucking cunts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Wenger nominated
    I think it is looking like more of a joke that Andre Villas-Boas was nominated. Given the squad he has, he is not doing well at all. (If it is true that he has had a big row with his players following our win, then he is going to get some poor results if he has lost the team - hopefully that tension will last a while.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    I think it is looking like more of a joke that Andre Villas-Boas was nominated.)
    Not really, considering his incredible season with Porto.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus, if he is a joke manager it doesn't really say a huge amount about our result on Saturday.

And best team in the world having most players nominated shocker.