User Tag List

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: WENGER IS LEAVING!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    We were in worse shape....very true Selassie....but we then appointed a genius. Not sure the next manager will be a genius but I'm hopeful and we won't need a genius to move forward.
    For sure. Honestly I’m not expecting miracles with this new appointment, but I do expect a bit of solid recruitment in the right areas and our team to improve from a tactical point of view.

That’s all we can ask for right now, we just need to see some kind of tangible progress next season in terms of the team, even if it means missing out on top 4 again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Yeah it's clear that they haven't found a replacement yet.

This is more a tribute and to give out some quotes.
    They're going to allow Wenger to have his moment in the sun. I highly doubt they'll announce a new manager whilst the season is still going. That's the right thing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The notable parts of that press conference:

- Gazidis talking about the shortened summer due to world cup etc and needing clarity as soon as possible. Looks like NQ was right. The board wanted this all sorted ASAP to prevent it affecting the summer and next season.
    - He spoke about never being better prepared for this. He clearly knew what he was doing when appointing SAS.

He came across competent and speaks as if he knows what the club needs. Let's hope it's not an Arteta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's unlike Arsene. I would have expected him to have made a long, emotional speech when addressing the players. Seems to me he might be pissed off. Something clearly happened yesterday. One minute he was saying he wanted to give Santi a new deal and overnight he's decided to walk.

Reckon he's had a meeting with the board where they've hinted he's getting hooked and Wenger has decided to do it on his terms.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    That's unlike Arsene. I would have expected him to have made a long, emotional speech when addressing the players. Seems to me he might be pissed off. Something clearly happened yesterday. One minute he was saying he wanted to give Santi a new deal and overnight he's decided to walk.

Reckon he's had a meeting with the board where they've hinted he's getting hooked and Wenger has decided to do it on his terms.
    Sounds about right. He was only talking about not signing any attacks players for next season & age discrimination in his BEin sports interview during the international break.

Gazidis & Josh have probably have had a word with him and he's decided with their consent to go out on his own terms and with his dignity in tact. Best outcome for everyone.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ty's reaction

Wearing his wooly hat in this heat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Claude has no sympathy whatsoever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Sounds about right. He was only talking about not signing any attacks players for next season & age discrimination in his BEin sports interview during the international break.

Gazidis & Josh have probably have had a word with him and he's decided with their consent to go out on his own terms and with his dignity in tact. Best outcome for everyone.
    I just remembered he's also breaking his contract. He takes so much pride in that. It's something he said he'd never do.

Sh*t must have really hit the fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    First man on the moon.
    Berlin Wall.
    9/11
    Wenger Leaving
    Pires diving and causing the the Millennium bug.