Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
You can’t quite plan for a keeper throwing the ball in his own net & VAR saying Pepe’s hair on his elbow was 3mm offside.

You can however plan how to attack your opponents and create chances. There was no plan, no one willing to try something to create a chance. No recognisable formation etc when going forward. That is either poor learning from the players who can’t take what they learn on the training pitch to the game or just poor management as the management don’t train the players properly.

It was a dull game, not surprised by the result but I think the most worrying thing these days is i wasnt even bothered by VAR going against us, i just didn’t care.

But on the point of VAR, when has clear & obvious ever been used? I think the governing body (IFAB) said that offsides shouldnt be looked at 15 times as that clearly is not “clear & obvious” and just go with whatever the decision made at the time. When you are checking if someone’s elbow is slightly offside, its a joke. If Pepe had used his elbow to score, VAR would rule it out as handball so how can they use the elbow as offside?
They should do away with the line drawing, and just make a quick judgement based on a couple of replays. If the player looks level by sight then give the advantage to the attacking team and award the goal. I was happy with the introduction of VAR to cut out the clear and obvious mistakes, but it isn't working.