User Tag List

Page 3198 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 21982698309831483188319631973198319932003208 ... LastLast
Results 31,971 to 31,980 of 32085

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Iraq was an isolated secular state without nuclear capability, they didn't even have those mythical weapons that could hit us in 45 minutes

Iraq is a nuclear Islamic state, I hope you're right that the leadership may be losing control but even then people can do dangerous things in those situations
    It wasn’t really a secular country by the time the second war happened. This is what happens in dictatorial regimes, the dictator becomes religious in his elderly years (like the Sultan of Brunei has).

The whole WMD thing skirts over the fact that Iraq was a breadbasket state that became a basket case , where Iraqi leftists had begged us for years to get rid of Saddam. If you ever read The Republic of Fear by Kanan Mikaya, you’d understand just how viciously evil the Baathist control of Iraq and the damage done to it by the gangster family of Saddam was.

We armed the Iraqis in their war against Iran, for me that makes us responsible and Bush snr had the option to topple Saddam once he was evicted from Kuwait…he chose not to.

In your last sentence I assume you’ve mistyped Iran as Iraq but either way you’re wrong, whilst there’s been Uranium enrichment going on in Iran for decades, if Iran had the capability to develop nuclear weapons you’d know about it.

God I’m going to end up defending that obese moron Trump again, but he was absolutely right to tear up the nuclear deal which unfroze the Iranian oil profits. What exactly did that achieve, it did nothing to curb its behaviour. This idea that you can normalise relations with rogue states like this which do dreadful things to its own people and sponsor terrorism globally is an utterly stupid one.

It’s where left and right are equally bone headed. You can’t do it with Iran and you can’t do it with Saudi Arabia. Listened to an interview with Condaleeza Rice who decided to act as a fluffer for MBS. They’ve learned nothing, you can’t be friends with a Scorpion because it will sting you even if it’s not in its own interests to do so, because that’s its nature.

If there is a global war, we’ve brought it on ourselves with the laxity we’ve shown parts of the world by enabling them to show contempt for our values. Madness and stupidity
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 14-04-2024 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...ralia-68805458

Gosh, I wonder what religion this guy followed
    So it’s only fair to acknowledge that I got this wrong, the guy wasn’t a jihadist he was just nuts

A distinction without a difference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn’t really a secular country by the time the second war happened. This is what happens in dictatorial regimes, the dictator becomes religious in his elderly years (like the Sultan of Brunei has).

The whole WMD thing skirts over the fact that Iraq was a breadbasket state that became a basket case , where Iraqi leftists had begged us for years to get rid of Saddam. If you ever read The Republic of Fear by Kanan Mikaya, you’d understand just how viciously evil the Baathist control of Iraq and the damage done to it by the gangster family of Saddam was.

We armed the Iraqis in their war against Iran, for me that makes us responsible and Bush snr had the option to topple Saddam once he was evicted from Kuwait…he chose not to.

In your last sentence I assume you’ve mistyped Iran as Iraq but either way you’re wrong, whilst there’s been Uranium enrichment going on in Iran for decades, if Iran had the capability to develop nuclear weapons you’d know about it.

God I’m going to end up defending that obese moron Trump again, but he was absolutely right to tear up the nuclear deal which unfroze the Iranian oil profits. What exactly did that achieve, it did nothing to curb its behaviour. This idea that you can normalise relations with rogue states like this which do dreadful things to its own people and sponsor terrorism globally is an utterly stupid one.

It’s where left and right are equally bone headed. You can’t do it with Iran and you can’t do it with Saudi Arabia. Listened to an interview with Condaleeza Rice who decided to act as a fluffer for MBS. They’ve learned nothing, you can’t be friends with a Scorpion because it will sting you even if it’s not in its own interests to do so, because that’s its nature.

If there is a global war, we’ve brought it on ourselves with the laxity we’ve shown parts of the world by enabling them to show contempt for our values. Madness and stupidity

Agreed on most of that

yes i did mean Iran and from what i can see, it's able to develop the material for nuclear weapons and is close to developing the hardware https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...b-iaea-fordow/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed on most of that

yes i did mean Iran and from what i can see, it's able to develop the material for nuclear weapons and is close to developing the hardware https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...b-iaea-fordow/
    The Washington Post? Democracy dies in Darkness yet there is absolutely no irony in putting our article behind a paywall

Iran is absolutely on a pathway to developing nuclear weapons and despite the silly dovish approach taken by the article, the nuclear deal did sod all to prevent that.

Personally I’d rather Israel didn’t have nuclear weapons either, but when your country is controlled by messianic nihilists like the Ayatollahs you absolutely don’t want them to have that kind of destructive capability. It’s bad enough the belligerence between India and Pakistan when they both have weapons of that kind.

My preference would be for an internal revolution to get rid of this evil regime, unfortunately it’s not just the brutality inflicted by the IRPG that prevents this, it’s the fact that outside of Tehran the regimes hardline religiosity is kind of popular. Although I doubt that extends to their clandestine behaviour in the region that could bring destruction to their doorstep.

But unfortunately we’ve got no choice. Whilst we were partly responsible for the situation the country is in now by fucking around with Mossadegh to stop him nationalising the oil production and putting the Shah in….no one has made the Iranian government behave in this way. It’s even got itself involved in a border skirmish with Pakistan.

So for all Biden’s reluctance to get involved, we are involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Washington Post? Democracy dies in Darkness yet there is absolutely no irony in putting our article behind a paywall
    I don't subscribe to it but i can see the whole article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't subscribe to it but i can see the whole article
    Probably because you haven’t read any other WP article recently. This is how these online articles work, they give you a minimum number for free and then they put up barriers.

Dont get me wrong, we’ve always had to pay for newspapers. But I just won’t subscribe. For me the easiest solution would be to create a media paywall account where you can pay a nominal fee for which article you want to read rather than subscribing to the entire outlet.

WP is very hit and miss though it’s less of a hot mess than the NY Times. USA today probably stands up as the best American newspaper, but also like The New Yorker and whilst the Atlantic has sunk there are still some decent contributors to it (like David Frum)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it’s only fair to acknowledge that I got this wrong, the guy wasn’t a jihadist he was just nuts

A distinction without a difference

I was going to pick you up on this as I’d heard no indication he was a terrorist.

I think the difference is all jihadists are nuts, but not all people who are nuts are jihadists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, what are you lot up to? Still arguing over whether Muslim nutters should be allowed in the country? Missing the point. NONE of them should be here. Did you see the poll where 42% of the cunts want Sharia law? Put that through Google translate to tell you what it actually means. These lot are outbreeding civilised people at a rate of 3-1. So what do you thing the population count and poll will be in 10 years? Or 20? Want some smelly bloke with lice in his beard coming down the road and telling you your wife has to wear a bedsheet? Well keep on being toleranta moron. Kick 'em out now, before it is too late.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iran is absolutely on a pathway to developing nuclear weapons and despite the silly dovish approach taken by the article, the nuclear deal did sod all to prevent that.

Personally I’d rather Israel didn’t have nuclear weapons either, but when your country is controlled by messianic nihilists like the Ayatollahs you absolutely don’t want them to have that kind of destructive capability. It’s bad enough the belligerence between India and Pakistan when they both have weapons of that kind.

My preference would be for an internal revolution to get rid of this evil regime, unfortunately it’s not just the brutality inflicted by the IRPG that prevents this, it’s the fact that outside of Tehran the regimes hardline religiosity is kind of popular. Although I doubt that extends to their clandestine behaviour in the region that could bring destruction to their doorstep.

But unfortunately we’ve got no choice. Whilst we were partly responsible for the situation the country is in now by fucking around with Mossadegh to stop him nationalising the oil production and putting the Shah in….no one has made the Iranian government behave in this way. It’s even got itself involved in a border skirmish with Pakistan.

So for all Biden’s reluctance to get involved, we are involved.
    Iran HAS to develop nuclear weapons or they are the next Iraq. What choice do they have? I have zero time for the bastards, but I can see things from their point of view. American is ALWAYS the problem. If they didn't go around the world interfering in everyone else's affairs and backing it up with "Shock and Genocide" the rest f the world would find a balance. But how can you balance out a monster like the profit hungry, warmonger American military industrial complex? They are going to start wars everywhere, for profit. And if you happen to be in their crosshairs as an easy profit stream, what can you do to counter that? It's obvious. Make yourself a hard target and let them go elsewhere. I support Iran having nuclear weapons FROM THIER POINT OF VIEW. I hate the idea from my point of view. But, you know, Americans. What are you going to do? Fucking Americans, right?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Iran HAS to develop nuclear weapons or they are the next Iraq. What choice do they have? I have zero time for the bastards, but I can see things from their point of view. American is ALWAYS the problem. If they didn't go around the world interfering in everyone else's affairs and backing it up with "Shock and Genocide" the rest f the world would find a balance. But how can you balance out a monster like the profit hungry, warmonger American military industrial complex? They are going to start wars everywhere, for profit. And if you happen to be in their crosshairs as an easy profit stream, what can you do to counter that? It's obvious. Make yourself a hard target and let them go elsewhere. I support Iran having nuclear weapons FROM THIER POINT OF VIEW. I hate the idea from my point of view. But, you know, Americans. What are you going to do? Fucking Americans, right?
    As I said to you on the football thread, your mind is in a historical loop.

America is quite clearly becoming more and more withdrawn. Thus pulling out of Afghanistan and leaving us to deal with the bastards turning up on our doorstep. The reason? Because they don’t need the oil anymore because of fracking.

Your buddy Trump even saw the absolute futility of trying to reason with these scumbags.