User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v West Ham (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    The last time he played he helped create two goals, he links up well with laca and auba and we've not got better options - if we can't buy anyone we need to make the most of what we have, whether some people like it or not
    We’ve tried for years to make the most of what we have with Ozil, and even under a different manager the results were the same. Which tells you the problem lies with the player, rather than the management of him. We’re scoring just as much without him, and he hasn’t been missed upfront. He turns up when he wants and is generally a waste of space.

Understandably, people are desperately looking for answers. But Ozil ain’t it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no Ozil fan but I think even at his worst he is still capable of producing something out of nothing, in a way Iwobi and Mkhi simply can't. I don't understand why Ramsey is getting more minutes than Ozil when we know for near enough fact that he is leaving. I think freezing Ozil out completely is a bit of a fallacy when inferior players are being afforded game time.

It's all a mess though. No money to spend, injuries and a coach who doesn't know his best 11 or set up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I'm no Ozil fan but I think even at his worst he is still capable of producing something out of nothing, in a way Iwobi and Mkhi simply can't. I don't understand why Ramsey is getting more minutes than Ozil when we know for near enough fact that he is leaving. I think freezing Ozil out completely is a bit of a fallacy when inferior players are being afforded game time.

It's all a mess though. No money to spend, injuries and a coach who doesn't know his best 11 or set up.
    That's what it is for me, i'm no blind Ozil fanboy but we're definitely underusing him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said it all.

Question: What logic anywhere justifies freezing out your star player and hoping he gets the message and leaves while giving inferior players more than enough opportunities to showcase their limited abilities.....

Ah, it must be Jose Mourinho logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    The last time he played he helped create two goals, he links up well with laca and auba and we've not got better options - if we can't buy anyone we need to make the most of what we have, whether some people like it or not
    Why argue with facts when we can all just follow the leader blindy ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other question is how genuine all of these injuries and knocks are. That’s definitely open to debate and it wouldn’t surprise me if both player and manager were responsible for his abscene. At the start of the season Ozil was given the full backing of the manager - he even made him one of his captains - but that wasn’t returned in any of his subsequent performances. I think he prefers Ramsey because at least he’s ready to put the yards in and not shirk his responsibilities. Same can’t be said for Ozil, which makes an even bigger liability to the team. We’ve seen that plenty of times since he’s been here. I’ve definitely seen enough to show he will never work out at this club and will always remain inconsistent and a luxury player. We can’t afford those right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just decided to look at another stat about clear errors leading to goals in the EPL, here's the leauge table for the top six:

1. Arsenal- 7 ( 4 players)
    2. Tottenham. 2 (2 players)
    3. Man U. 2 (2 players)
    4.Liverpool. 2 (1 player. )
    5.Man City. 1
    6.Chelsea 1

Out of the 7 errors we've made, Leno leads the whole EPL with 3 while the managers pet Xhaka comes second with 2- yet some people don't see any problem with him playing deeply and causing us problems (btw this is pre-west ham).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t understand how any manager can leave Ozil out of their 18 man squad?! I get that Emery isn’t Ozils biggest fan but surely he should include him? We are so shit lately I’m starting to doubt Emery. We don’t even look like scoring or even pushing for a goal in the last 20 minutes. We can’t defend and our strikers aren’t scoring.

On today’s evidence there is no way we will finish top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a terrible result, the squad is getting badly exposed and is showing just how average he is, as I said this squad is average and we desperately need to get rid of a load of them, just think we didn't make enough changes last summer, Xhaka and co should have been ditched.

Emery really has his work cutout, but I also agree about Ozil, love him or hate him he's our most creative player and should be playing ahead of rubbish like Iwobi and Mhiki who are basically a waste of space, also to play Ramsey a guy who is leaving in a few months is a nonsense to be honest.

Our form is really poor at the moment the Wenger lot as we know don't turn up when the going gets tough, but also think the signings are a real mix bag, we didn't have much money in the summer but I'm unsure how well it was spent right now (Torreira and Guendouzi aside maybe).

Top 4 will be tough to be honest, we in reality lack the quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea why Torreira didn't start today. Last game was ages ago having not started against blackpool. Ozil not in the bleeding squad again....and it says it all when you are now well used to an insane situation that should never be allowed to continue.

Guendouzi is still taking, far too many touches, far too long to pass the ball and showing no cutting edge with his final ball once he does pass it. Today he did a very good impression of Wilshere on a bad day. The whole team were sleep walking to defeat at times today, especially at the back and in midfield as if we had all the time in the bloody world to recover the situation. Emery promised us hard work at the start of the season....but there's no point in hard work if you slowly pass the ball around between your midfield, defenders and goalkeeper all the while not threatening to go anywhere or do anything.

The major surprise was him taking off both his favourites Xhaka and Mustafi.

Mustafi should have been flogged last summer at the latest and the money invested in a top Centre half to sit next to Sokratis. Emery should have been allowed to bring in Banega last summer because he doesn't like Ozil and we desperately lack creativity. Emery probably had a good idea of what sort of player Ozil was before he even took the job as well as Ramsey so to suddenly be in a situation where he doesn't fancy two of the highest earners at the club and in desperate need of creativity with a backline barely better than last season is galling.

Let's just sleep walk into our 5th/6th place finish this season and pretend as if next season WE MUST GET INTO THE CL....alloverafuhkingain knowing that nobody who actually matters is actually arsed about it enough.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 12-01-2019 at 06:17 PM.