User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stewart Robson on our defence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stewart Robson on our defence

I dont know what people think of Robson but he seems to talk sense a lot of the time. He was saying on Talk Sport that there is already a rift between Wenger and Bould due to Wenger not allowing Bould to train the defence properly. This doesnt surprise me at all - Wenger has become extremely arrogant which is another reason why he should piss off. People on here who think that we are better defensively this season are wrong. We still make pathetic mistakes all the time and have gone 9 games now without keeping a clean sheet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jelgoon View Post
    I dont know what people think of Robson but he seems to talk sense a lot of the time. He was saying on Talk Sport that there is already a rift between Wenger and Bould due to Wenger not allowing Bould to train the defence properly. This doesnt surprise me at all - Wenger has become extremely arrogant which is another reason why he should piss off. People on here who think that we are better defensively this season are wrong. We still make pathetic mistakes all the time and have gone 9 games now without keeping a clean sheet.
    Talks sport chat shit and so does Robson. How the hell would he know if their was a rift anyways. Funny how no one like Palour or Winterburn have said the same thing.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 25-10-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Course he would know. He's better connected to Arsenal than the other two through his online commentaries and stuff and has no reason to make it up - particularly as it will piss Arsenal off. So what if Parlour and Winterburn havent said anything - its utterly irrelevant. Do five ex-players have to corroborate a story before its believed. Anyhow I think its important as we cant defend again after a better start and are entitled to know why
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Talks sport chat shit and so does Robson. How the hell would he know if their was a rift anyways. Funny how no one like Palour or Winterburn have said the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pure speculation but i guess a **** like robson can spread his shit with so much access to the media
    "I hoped that [when Steve Bould was appointed] he would do more with the defence but I'm not sure whether he's being allowed to do that by Arsene Wenger.

"I think there might be a rift in the camp between those two from what I've heard."
    holds about as much weight as a forum post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has close links to Arsenal and the football world so it's not the same as a poster on here. If he has said he's heard something, it could be from someone close to Arsenal or staff on the training ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh he's a bitter **** who moans his tits off about every thing in football - so I guess he's unbiased in that way.

it's a very very vague quote and really offers no insight to anything at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe, but he's still closer to the club than any poster on here. Plus, we all know Wenger has a reputation for being a control freak. Robson has been critical of the club and Wenger in the past but given that he's actually close to football and the Emirates, shouldn't his opinion hold a little more weight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, as a journalist, you're not supposed to reveal your source. He could be talking rubbish and stirring but is it that far fetched considering Wenger has worked with the same staff since arriving at Arsenal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't so far fetched considering he was basically Wenger's lemming on Wednesday, he wasn't even given the choice to make decisions on substitutes, sound like control freak behaviour from Wenger to me.

Had he been allowed to surely Santos wouldn't have been stuck on the pitch for 90 minutes leaving us exposed time and time again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if most of our goals were like schalke or players hadn't talked of changes in training, then i'd think he's onto something. there have been obvious changes in the main, it won't be perfect yet but you can see things are more disciplined in terms of our shape.