User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: can you sack players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you sack players?

in any normal job, if a person isnt working hard enough, failing to meet targets and failing to do the basics of their job right, they would get warned etc but keep doing it, they can get sacked.

we all know a manager can be sacked for failing to get results and meeting targets and winning trophies, but what about players? the only cases i know of players being sacked are for when they are caught doing drugs (mutu) and criminal activities (barton i think was sacked for it)

but what about sacking a player, for simply not being good enough, not putting effort in etc. lets take chamakh last night, came on, did nothing, didnt put the effort in, and missed a penalty. with strikers, they are not going to score every chance, but someone like chamkh was signed two years ago, every game he plays now, he is lazy, does nothing, could a case be made for sacking him, could the club do this?

why is it you can sack a manager for results, yet underperforming players dont get sacked. im sure you could make up bullshit, like he was training hard enough as well to help you explain why you sack him or is sacking a player to difficult because you cant expect a striker to score every chance, if he doesnt get the right service etc?

and would you accept someone sacking our players for underperforming?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think you can, just would probably cost alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'd have to field a starting 7 if you could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't sack them in the traditional sense. They get all the benefits of a standard employee (thanks to those ****s in the EU and that Bosman bastard), but you have to pay the shit heads off if you want to get rid of them. Wouldn't be bad that, would it? If normal employees could behave like footballers no work would ever be done. Employees would sign 5 year contracts and then take a 5 year fag break. If the boss got pissed he'd have to hand over 5 years of wages to get a lazy bastard out the door. EU laws shouldn't apply to football until they apply fully and equitably. Chamakh and Arshavin should definitely be sacked, no doubt about it. There is no penalty whatsoever for these wasters just sitting it out and taking the cash week after week. Bendtner too, Squillaci. In any other walk of life if you fail in the manner these guys have failed you are out on your ear with a shitty reference.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure contracts can be terminated at any point but it would cost an absolute fortune to do it for something that isn't in direct breach of it. The club could also be accused of unfair dismissal because "not trying hard enough" is not a valid reason that would hold up in a tribunal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Massive, massive payouts would have to undertaken. We'd probably be bordering on bankruptcy should we endeavour that route at present.

A sobering thought though. Imagine an Arsenal without diabolical toxins like Gervinho, Chakma, Vela, Vermaelen, Santos, Denilson, Ramzi, Bendtner, Park, Djourou ....... [Fill in the blanks plz for those missed].

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy GHELmas View Post
    I'm sure contracts can be terminated at any point but it would cost an absolute fortune to do it for something that isn't in direct breach of it. The club could also be accused of unfair dismissal because "not trying hard enough" is not a valid reason that would hold up in a tribunal.
    We could show video of Chamakh playing. Can't see how any reasonable court would not side with us. In fact it might lead to a criminal charge against the guy for taking money under false pretences.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel_Quinn View Post
    We could show video of Chamakh playing. Can't see how any reasonable court would not side with us. In fact it might lead to a criminal charge against the guy for taking money under false pretences.
    Solid case, tbh. Especially when one considers we also have Gervinho who we can show there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy GHELmas View Post
    not trying hard enough is a valid though isnt it? if i turned up to work and just mopped about and didnt really do anything, then i would be sacked for not working hard enough. thats ok.

on the money side, we have to pay them anyway, so surely paying them early helps us clear space etc. but guess thats more mutual termination

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Years ago I heard Danny Baker opine that players should get paid after home games. In cash.

They’d all line up with wheelbarrows and one by one they’d have their shovel-loads of money given to them while the crowd are still there and can react accordingly.

I’d love to be there if that happened, especially when they get to Gervinho.