User Tag List

Page 947 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 4478478979379459469479489499579971047 ... LastLast
Results 9,461 to 9,470 of 13837

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Spot on

Fairly average player, injury prone, part of an embarrassing banter era, only won 1 trophy (which was an FA cup).

Freddie was light years better and more effective.

Rosicky had potential, but I dont understand the jizz fest going on about him. If I tried, I'd probably be able to pick 4-5 performances from him that stood out. Ljunberg was a match winner AND most importantly consistent. Unfortunately Rosicky's injuries made him inconsistent in making an impact for us. Sad the way it turned out for him and Diaby. Both shouldve been shown the door much earlier than when they did.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly wouldn't call him an average player but granted when talking about Rosicky it has to be a little bit speculative because he was never fit enough to be able to perform with any consistency.

Nothing wrong with being appreciative of his natural ability though. Dortmund still hold him in high regard as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Exclusive: #ReadingFC academy manager Lee Herron to join Arsenal as part of Per Mertesacker's management structure. He will take up a 'football operations' role at Hale End - Full story. https://t.co/wprFr6QTCr

More behind the scenes shake up
    Still waiting for the only announcement that counts though.

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    He would have been on about 60/70k which isn't chicken change but in the age of grotesque money spinning world of football...I'd have made my peace with it on admittedly...sentimental grounds. I'd argue it would not have significantly held us back or stopped us progressing as those issues are more fundamental.

Football without the sentimentality and the alike is just a load of people drinking luke warm beer watching a load of anorexic rugby players isn't it....

Let's not pretend as if there isn't a single player in Arsenal history you'd have had way past their sell by date Dumbledore.
    Well said. And that's what we're losing from the game. Because it really is just us, the fans, with our noses pressed against the glass now.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Meh fuck all of yous

Rosicky was definitely in my top ten of favourite Arsenal players of the last twenty years

Ljungberg had one good season and to be Frank it wasn’t even that it was the second half of a season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Meh fuck all of yous

Rosicky was definitely in my top ten of favourite Arsenal players of the last twenty years

Ljungberg had one good season and to be Frank it wasn’t even that it was the second half of a season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Meh fuck all of yous

Rosicky was head and shoulders better than the super-star shit we have today. Then again, so was Hleb. And certainly Freddie. It's not a rose coloured view either. Players today have forgotten how to play. I wonder about the long term effects. Our squad has been so Wengerised, even if we got a decent manager in, can this squad be rescued or has sexy/ hyped/ "expert" bore ball become second nature to them?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is (was) Alexis adored? Because he puts in the effort that was expected by default just a few years ago. We used to laugh at proper players back then because the standard was way higher. Lampard. He'd be worth a quarter of a billion quid now.

Deli Alli

The hype is beyond belief.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dennis Bergkamp has left Ajax.

We should offer him a job.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Dennis Bergkamp has left Ajax.

We should offer him a job.
    He's not a stupid bloke.

Would love him to be involved with the club again. But I'd hate to see him dragged down to Wenger's level. Bring him back after the old goat has gone.
    Für eure Sicherheit